Bathing WITH your turtle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SebastianTheGirl

5 Year Member
I know someone who takes baths about once a month with his turtles, he's never gotten sick or had any real problems, but is that okay for the person or the turtle?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Yuck! I visualize sitting in the bathtub with tortoise poop floating all around me...

By bathing, do you mean just sitting in the water and taking a bath or perhaps just being in the shower with them? Do they use soap on themselves?

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Jacqui said:
Yuck! I visualize sitting in the bathtub with tortoise poop floating all around me...

That's the first thing I thought of, too! : P

I guess it's a "out of sight, out of mind" thing. I wouldn't think anything of swimming/wading around in a small pond where there were turtles. But in my own tub inside, no way.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry guys...the thread was in the wrong section. Sebastion is a water turtle.

I've seen turtles in the swimming pool with kids swimming in the pool too. I don't know as I'd actually get into a bath tub with a water turtle. They bite like crazy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I hadn't moved it, not knowing if she meant a turtle turtle, a water turtle or was lumping all the turtles and tortoises together.

When my children were young, I caught my youngest son and two neighbor kids swimming/playing in the sunken hot tub I use for my red eared sliders. Was I ticked off, between worry about the turtles, I figured with my luck those kids would come down with salmonella. :rolleyes:

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Rubber duckies only over here.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
This all sounds so gross LOL I don't think I would do that but if it floats your boat, have at it! I seen someone bathing their baby and the tort at the same time and although I think it's cute, I don't think I would ever put my baby in the same tub as a tort.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
MORTYtheTORTY said:
This all sounds so gross LOL I don't think I would do that but if it floats your boat, have at it! I seen someone bathing their baby and the tort at the same time and although I think it's cute, I don't think I would ever put my baby in the same tub as a tort.

agreed. haha :p

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I would never, aside from the gross factor (though what does everything think about a shower? Less gross, still really gross?), I use chemicals to clean my shower, as well as shampoo/face cleanser/etc (I assume most people do lol!) and who knows how bad that may be for a turtle/tortoise

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Jacqui said:

THat's what I imagine too. :tort:

I don't bathe with my tort.. It's too tiny and it will drown lol but I do give my tort a soap bath :D

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
If you want to stand in the shower to clean the tort then ok but I don't see anyone showering at the same time as your tort because the chemicals in our products. She said bath instead of shower so I'm assuming bathing with them and that's just plain nasty...HEY everyone has a fetish right? actually I take that back because I don't think I even have a fetish lol I know I have alot of pet peeves though. ;)

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
If people would like to.I guess it would not be a problem, but.as previously mentioned, think of all the chemicals and left over soap still in that bathtub

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
-"Bathing WITH your turtle?"

If that were the case, I'd feel bad for the next person who would have to use the bathtub.

Status
Not open for further replies.