Bathing help!! Please answer ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber_123

5 Year Member
What does bathing do for the tort and is it a must be done thing? I hear to use a tooth brush, is that only on the shell? What about the skin? I want to bathe him soon so please answer ASAP!! Thanks!

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lisle Illinois
Not so much the bathing thing but soaking, a baby needs to be soaked a couple times a day and an adult once a week for a good soaking for 15 minutes.

Amber_123

5 Year Member
papayapa said:
Not so much the bathing thing but soaking, a baby needs to be soaked a couple times a day and an adult once a week for a good soaking for 15 minutes.

If he gets dirty or gets a little poop on him is it okay to just use a toothbrush?

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
I usually let the water get to about the bottom of their chin. The water I use is pretty warm to the touch, cooler then you shower in but warmer then lukewarm...

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
The bathing is really soaks. The water should get to the bottom of his shell. Some babies don't feel relaxed with water reaching their necks. See how your baby reacts with water up to their bottom shell and then up to their neck. If he's freaking out with too much water, then you'll know. The soaks are not so much to clean your tort more than stimulating poop and peeing. Also, torts absorb water through their skin. If your tort gets sick and isn't eating, soaks with baby food, vitamins, calcium supplements is necessary. As far as cleaning their rear ends, if you use a brush, make sure it's a soft brush, and be careful because that area is very sensitive. Rinsing off dirty areas can be done as needed so long as the water is warm.

Amber_123

5 Year Member
sibi said:
The bathing is really soaks. The water should get to the bottom of his shell. Some babies don't feel relaxed with water reaching their necks. See how your baby reacts with water up to their bottom shell and then up to their neck. If he's freaking out with too much water, then you'll know. The soaks are not so much to clean your tort more than stimulating poop and peeing. Also, torts absorb water through their skin. If your tort gets sick and isn't eating, soaks with baby food, vitamins, calcium supplements is necessary. As far as cleaning their rear ends, if you use a brush, make sure it's a soft brush, and be careful because that area is very sensitive. Rinsing off dirty areas can be done as needed so long as the water is warm.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.