Soak/Bath

myrussiantorts

Location (City and/or State)
California
I bought a pan about the size of a Turkey for bath time, because I feel like it would be unsafe to bathe my Russian tortoises in my human shower (due to shampoo chemicals, etc). I use a tooth brush to scrub the shell, and let them soak for about 15-20 minutes with supervision, the water being warm but not too hot to burn them.
Will this help with peeling skin if I do it every other day? Should I purchase any sort of soap, or anything that can be added to the water to help their health? Is there anything I am missing that you would recommend or add to the routine?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.
-Jasmine

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Use no soap or anything else.
Just soak for 30 minutes daily for a hatchling upto about 2 years and then you can cut back to a couple times a week. When adult, it can be cut back more to a couple times a month unless its summer and really hot, then more often.
I would not use a brush on them daily.

myrussiantorts

California
Use no soap or anything else.
Just soak for 30 minutes daily for a hatchling upto about 2 years and then you can cut back to a couple times a week. When adult, it can be cut back more to a couple times a month unless its summer and really hot, then more often.
I would not use a brush on them daily.
Hey! Thanks for taking the time to answer my post. I will keep that in mind and cut back on the brushing.

Last edited by a moderator: