Bath time

TiddlesTheTortoise2

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
So after you bathe your tortoise how do you guys dry them? Because if I put him back in his tortoise table he will just get muddy again! And if I try dry him He keeps walking away so I have to pick him up again or he’ll walk off the table and he obviously doesn’t like that so is there a better way?!

Titans.mama

Dorset
I simply use a muslin cloth and gently rub/pat dry but mine don’t seem to mind being handled as I do this every morning and then place them under the heat lamp to warm up before feed time.

TiddlesTheTortoise2

Today is my birthday!
United Kingdom
I simply use a muslin cloth and gently rub/pat dry but mine don’t seem to mind being handled as I do this every morning and then place them under the heat lamp to warm up before feed time.
my tortoise doesn’t seem to hate being handled but he definitely doesn’t like it! I bathe my tortoise every other day do you think I should start doing it every day? His substrate is quite dry.

Titans.mama

Dorset
my tortoise doesn’t seem to hate being handled but he definitely doesn’t like it! I bathe my tortoise every other day do you think I should start doing it every day? His substrate is quite dry.
If he’s a baby I would personally do it every day helps with hydration and i mist my substrate with a little bit of water when it feels to dry - I’m a new tortoise mum so others may comment with better advice but that’s what I do.