Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I spoke with Greg. His computer was infected with a trojan that not only hit this site but other forums that he frequents, as well. Apparently the virus 'played' with his e-mail address in a fashion unbecoming to most forums.

The reason he has not returned is that he was offended by the tone and accusations made in the e-mail to him regarding the 'unbecoming behavior' wrought by the virus. Greg is not technically savvy. I explained how it could happen based on the information contained in the e-mail and the events preceding speaking with him (i.e. having his system exorcised). He has changed his e-mail address and cancelled the previous account as it had been compromised.

The frequency of such events is not such that it is encountered regularly nor is it uncommon. Understandably, the forum system itself is designed and moderators are charged with protecting the site and its users from disruptive or abusive activities. However, in light of the knowledge that computers do become infected and occurences of this nature are not unknown, perhaps a less aggressive approach is in order for those members in otherwise good standing (800+ posts, 10+ reputation) who, suddenly and for no apparent reason, have 'gone off the deep end'.

It is entirely possible that I do not have the complete story but I have no reason to believe that Greg would withhold information from me with respect to this incident. In any case, from his direct statement to me, he will not be returning. I tried to sway his decision but thus far he is holding firm (and I ain't big enuf to force him).

In my opinion, this group has suffered a loss of valuable expertise with a species to which few can dedicate the substantial resources required for their care and husbandry.

<edit>
I guess unless you use the full editor, posts are not 'recognized' by the system as new...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm real sorry he feels that way. Its our loss. He was an asset to have here on the forum.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
"In my opinion, this group has suffered a loss of valuable expertise with a species to which few can dedicate the substantial resources required for their care and husbandry."

I agree!:(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If its just a big misunderstanding, then everyone ought to just let it go. No reason for anyone to be all sensitive about it.

Greg, if you ever read this, please come back and join us on the forum. Your input was appreciated, valued and welcome.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Thanks for all of you that were supportive. Good to be back. please note due to computer issues my e-mail has been changed to [email protected]. Best to all, Greg.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It is nice to see you back and I hope you will post more pics of your awesome aldbas, which i hope to own one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.