Backyard Tort Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Red Deer, AB
Finally moved from the 3rd floor apartment to a home with a real life yard, and shed to boot! Took Horace and Penny out for a romp. I was in luck in buying this place. Instead of grass, they allowed clover and dandelion to take over. Needless to say, this is like a yard filled with leafy drugs for a jonesin' tortoise.
I plopped the plant killing machine: Penny, and the 'seen better days': Horace, each in their own foot tall patch of clover. They got stupid drunk off of being in fresh air, with romping space, sun, and unlimited eats.
Having a yard has made having torts so much more enjoyable, if you can believe it.

On a somewhat related note: Moving half a tonne of dirt down 3 floors is something I never wish to experience again. If I move again, I am destroying this terrarium in the yard and calling it "Free top soil".

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Congrats! Now.... I just have to say one thing....

2242132459_cfde3e7a6c_o.jpg

Meant all in good fun, of course!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey! That's great news! Now comes the fun part...building, building and more construction - building!!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, unfortunately I have to agree with Kristina here...I want some documentation of that "stupid drunk off of being in fresh air" episode (or you could just stage it for a second time).

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.