Backwater Reptiles

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Are they okay? Have heard many mixed opinions about them! :confused: Your own personal experiences with them would be great :D (Not looking for a tort this time:p )
Thanks! :D

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
Do a search in "tortoise vendor reviews", or over at fauna classifieds in their "board of inquiry". I don't think it will take long to form an opinion...

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Bad timing asking me this. I bought 2 leopard hatchlings from them last January. They were dry started I am assuming. The first died in May I think and my other one, whom I have babied for almost a year was dead yesterday morning. Neither one of them grew. Butters, despite eating good and appearing healthy had gained less than 20 grams. I have 3 others that I got from Neal, here on the forum. They were all kept in identical enclosures and fed the same. The trio are doing great and growing at acceptable rates.
I strongly recommend NOT buying from Backwater.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Bad timing asking me this. I bought 2 leopard hatchlings from them last January. They were dry started I am assuming. The first died in May I think and my other one, whom I have babied for almost a year was dead yesterday morning. Neither one of them grew. Butters, despite eating good and appearing healthy had gained less than 20 grams. I have 3 others that I got from Neal, here on the forum. They were all kept in identical enclosures and fed the same. The trio are doing great and growing at acceptable rates.
I strongly recommend NOT buying from Backwater.
Wow! :confused: I'm so sorry! I didn't know they were that bad!
Thank you!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Do a search in "tortoise vendor reviews", or over at fauna classifieds in their "board of inquiry". I don't think it will take long to form an opinion...
I'll go a bit of digging, but this has got me a bit concerned! :(

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
:confused: Just emerged from the world of Backwater reviews and it does NOT look good at all! I'll be staying away. :D