back with a sulcata

leopard777

5 Year Member
used to have a leopard tort but died , took me two years to get over it , just got this baby hatching , started to sleep when i got him out of the box , should i be worry or anything ?

forgot to mention , a freshly pluck hibiscus laying in front of him

Last edited:

Tyanna

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
We need to know more info. What is your enclosure like? Temps? Humidity? The more information, the better we can help to make sure your tortoise will last you a lifetime!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We need to know more info. What is your enclosure like? Temps? Humidity? The more information, the better we can help to make sure your tortoise will last you a lifetime!

Exactly! So did you pick him out of a clutch you saw (at a store, expo, breeder, or where?) and did you pick him up yourself or was it delivered?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi leopard777: You've been with us for a very long time, so that probably means that you've read what we have to say about raising healthy hatchlings. But, just in case you've missed it, here's the link:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...rospective-or-beginner-tortoise-owners.22635/

and this one:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/

Since you've had a tortoise that died, it would be a good idea for you to get rid of all that old knowledge in your brain and start all over from scratch. Good luck, and let us see some pictures of your new baby.

leopard777

5 Year Member
my enclosure is more of a open , free to roam area :) ,but i intend to keep inside a small aquarium tank when night falls and let go when day time , i will share what happen to my previous leopard (about a year old i think) , it got attack one night by a native rat , suffer heavy injuries and got his head stuck inside the shell , its about 82 -86 F all year round here in asia , the seller pick it for me , what sort of humidity should i be looking at ?

Tyanna

Wisconsin
Humidity depends on your species of tortoise, I believe. But as babies they need very high humidity.

leopard777

5 Year Member
ok , i get right to it , i have built vivarium before , guess is its a good time to make a terrarium , here a pic of the lil fellow .

Attachments

• 20141008_011056~2.jpg
    20141008_011056~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22

leopard777

5 Year Member
i got easy access to timothy hay , is it good as a staple diet ?