Back in the Gulf of Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
Went back offshore this morning.Flew over the Horizon location.Much less oil than there was 21 days ago.Much less in surrounding area.I'm now on location 9 miles away and haven't seen any spillage all day.Hopefully they will get a handle on it soon.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
jackrat said:
Went back offshore this morning.Flew over the Horizon location.Much less oil than there was 21 days ago.Much less in surrounding area.I'm now on location 9 miles away and haven't seen any spillage all day.Hopefully they will get a handle on it soon.

Keep us informed, I like the insite/forsite you bring. We sometimes get brain washed by what the media delivers!

This is a really sad situation! I am a believer that Obama has not handled it very well. He confuses his 4 trips to the gulf for taking action. I personally think Jack Welch (former GE CEO) is brilliant and I share his views. We need problem solvers, not politics!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/37588210

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Yes,I'm working.I don't know for how long.The company I work for is trying to keep us on the payroll for as long as possible.It's just too hard to find 250 or so people that can do what we do.They know if we are laid off,employment elswhere will follow.Everyone has families and obligations to meet.Obama is a bad joke.38,000 people will soon be unemployed through no fault of their own if the moritorium isn't lifted soon.Drilling contractors will take their business to overseas countries rather than let rigs stand idle.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Looks like a federal judge lifted the ban Obama put on the drilling this morning, with the obvious information that the spill has nothing to do with other rigs drilling. Only thing worse than the oil spill is a lack of oil, jobs and more reasons to slow down the economy. Drill baby, Drill!

chadk

10 Year Member!
TylerStewart said:
Looks like a federal judge lifted the ban Obama put on the drilling this morning, with the obvious information that the spill has nothing to do with other rigs drilling. Only thing worse than the oil spill is a lack of oil, jobs and more reasons to slow down the economy. Drill baby, Drill!

Finally, some common sense!!

Obama is a lawyer and community organizer. This is way out of his league. But I hear his golf game is improving.
http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0910/obama_ties_bush_on_golf.html

CBS' Mark Knoller — an unofficial documentarian and statistician of all things White House-related — wrote on his Twitter feed that, "Today - Obama ties Pres. Bush in the number of rounds of golf played in office: 24.

Took Bush 2 yrs & 10 months."

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
chadk said:
Finally, some common sense!!

Obama is a lawyer and community organizer. This is way out of his league. But I hear his golf game is improving.
http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0910/obama_ties_bush_on_golf.html

Looks like Obama is trying to appeal the decision and still force the ban. You'd think he would learn by now. I guess he knows that without as much misery as possible for everyone, he has no chance or re-election in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.