Babysitting a box turtle.

Angel Carrion

Location (City and/or State)
Douglassville, PA
Heh.. she thought it was awesome that I "spoiled" her turtle. Daily soaks, outdoor time, and high humidity/warm temps are the absolute minimum for me. But to her, I spoiled her box turtle.

Thanks for checking up.
Ugh. That's not spoiling, that's proper care. Is she going to change how she keeps the turtle and give proper care?

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Ugh. That's not spoiling, that's proper care. Is she going to change how she keeps the turtle and give proper care?

I doubt it. What's certain is that I know I won't be hanging around her anymore unless I have to.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
You could offer her some information. Maybe offered to help her make a really nice enclosure.

I've given her samples of Mazuri before, offered her plants I've grown, tried to tell her (in great detail) what I've done for her turtle, shown her my tortoises and their enclosure.

She thinks turtles are cute. Her kid got "red light" in school almost daily. It's clear to me, at this point, that she doesn't really care.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I've given her samples of Mazuri before, offered her plants I've grown, tried to tell her (in great detail) what I've done for her turtle, shown her my tortoises and their enclosure.

She thinks turtles are cute. Her kid got "red light" in school almost daily. It's clear to me, at this point, that she doesn't really care.
What does red light mean? Does she really want this turtle, maybe you could give it a good home.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
What does red light mean? Does she really want this turtle, maybe you could give it a good home.

Red light = displaying inappropriate behavior, disrupting class, etc.

She likes the turtle and he has a secure enclosure in her yard. All I can do is offer her information, a place to find information, show her how I do things. In the end, it's up to her.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Red light = displaying inappropriate behavior, disrupting class, etc.

She likes the turtle and he has a secure enclosure in her yard. All I can do is offer her information, a place to find information, show her how I do things. In the end, it's up to her.
Well, if the turtle starts showing signs of illness/etc from improper care, lay into her. At the very least she has the turtle outside. So at least there's that.