baby tortoise wanted in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I am looking for a baby tortoise in Michigan. As close to Muskegon as possible. They have a few at the chain pet stores but I would rather get one from a personal breeder. I seen one a few yrs ago at a small pet store in Montague that I fell in love with. It was timy and colorful. Not sure what kind it was, but it was alreay sold anyway. Plz contact me if you have any available. Thank you. Rain

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome to TFO

Take a while to start an introductions thread and introduce yourself so we can get to know you.

People prefer to pass on their torts to people who they know something about and who they feel will give the animal a good home.

Different torts have very different needs and care requirements. You need to research what you can actually care for rather than make an 'anything will do' request.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Rain:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum. Joe's Mum has given you some good advice. Once you've learned about the different types of tortoise and figured out which kind fits into your lifestyle, then you can take a look through our old "sold" ads and make a list of the folks who have sold your type of tortoise in the past. Then contact them and see if they have any more for sale.

Rain

5 Year Member
Michigan
The tortoise I seen that I liked so much didn't have a breed on the tank, just a sold sign. So I am not sure what it was. I was so small and vibrant looking that it seemed fake. The colors almost like a pastel pallet. Does anyone know what breed this might be? Also I am looking for a breed that will stay small-ish. I am open to suggestions:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
sounds like you might have seen a red foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.