baby sulcatas......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8ruckas

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, PA
Just courious, does anyone keep baby sulcatas together? If so at what size/age do you seperate them? I always see everyones beautiful sulcatas on here but havent came across anyone that keeps more then one sulcata together in the same enclosure......thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There are plenty of folks who keep "herds" of sulcatas. It can be done. There is no special age when you MUST separate them, it ever. If there comes a time when they are fighting and causing each other stress, then that's the time to separate them. If that time never comes, then they can live together all their lives.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I agree with Yvonne. I always keep multiples together, but I always have a plan B (and C and D, etc...), in case they decide they don't want to live together. I had a trio that lived together for nearly 10 years before the two males started trying to kill each other and had to be separated. My babies are still together after 8 months and I have no plans to separate them. In fact, in the springtime, they are probably going to go in with my small three year old female.

Xilonen

5 Year Member
Bellingham, WA
I've got two that are somewhere between 6mo and a year that live together (sadly at my mom's house and not mine...). Before I got them in Dec. they lived with two others. They get along great, and occasionally one will ride the other around the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.