How Many Sulcatas in an Enclosure? or Leopard?

Can I put two hatchling sulcatas of the same sex together thier entire lives
unless something would arise which they would need to be separated? I mean from closed chamber all the way through outdoor enclosure. I would find a female relativity the same age to go with the female I already have if this can happen.

I recently started building my closed chamber and hope it will be finished by next weekend. The dimensions are 2 ft High x 8 ft Long x 2 1/2 ft Wide.

Can it be a leopard tortoise? If 2 Sulcatas can't.

Thanks for All The Help

P.S. Thanks for Everyone who Previously Responded To My Post

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No on the sulcata and leopard living together. Maybe on the two sulcatas living together, but most likely will have to be separated eventually. Just be sure to have the room to separate and watch them closely for bullying. I would also make the enclosure wider if possible. 2 1/2 feet is quite narrow.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Generally speaking it is not a good idea to keep just two tortoises together. They do best alone, and sometimes they will do fine in groups, but no guarantees. In general two adult male sulcatas will not get along. Females usually will, but not always.

Your tortoise will be much better off if you just get one. If you must have more than one, then get three or more, but be prepared to separate them or find new homes if they don't get along later.

It takes a lot of space to house an adult sulcata, much less three or more. Where are you and do you have that kind of space?

I live in Louisiana with over seven acres to work with and a grandfather who allows me to use an entire barn full of wood that he has stored up over the years just for me to use. I can build a new enclosure very fast if need be.

Tom said:
Generally speaking it is not a good idea to keep just two tortoises together. They do best alone, and sometimes they will do fine in groups, but no guarantees. In general two adult male sulcatas will not get along. Females usually will, but not always.

Your tortoise will be much better off if you just get one. If you must have more than one, then get three or more, but be prepared to separate them or find new homes if they don't get along later.

It takes a lot of space to house an adult sulcata, much less three or more. Where are you and do you have that kind of space?
I live in Louisiana with over seven acres to work with and a grandfather who allows me to use an entire barn full of wood that he has stored up over the years just for me to use. I can build a new enclosure very fast if need be.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
With that much space, definitely give the sulcatas their own domain :D

If you really want to do a group, get a group of Leopards. 3 or more.