Baby Runt is an EXCAVATOR!!!

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Sierra Vista, AZ
So, am I understanding correctly, you received Runt and she was 4oz, and essentially put on 20lbs in a year!?! That is awesome!

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Ok. I went back and read the threads related to Baby Runt, not 1 year but 2 years which is still an a-mazing accomplishment. Sibi, you and your husband are my new favoritest heroes.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
So, am I understanding correctly, you received Runt and she was 4oz, and essentially put on 20lbs in a year!?! That is awesome!

Pretty much. It took a few months to gain an ounce, but with hand feeding twice daily, she quickly gained. You can check all the posts about her under my user name. Let me know if you have any problems finding it. She has metabolic bone disease, and she has damage to her spine, but she's gotten stronger and bigger in this past year. Now, she's digging and is really pushing her weight around LOL

Last edited:

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Aawww :D She sure is cutie! I hope she can continue forth with her excavating dream :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Aawww :D She sure is cutie! I hope she can continue forth with her excavating dream :)

Umm, not the hole I want her to go. She'll get to the neighbors pool in less than 10feet! I'm gonna start a hole in the middle of the huge yard. This way, if she digs even 20 feet, she wouldn't get to the neighbors or the house foundation :p Michigan Frog is in full agreement. We want baby runt to accomplish her excavation project, only we'll give her some help ;)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
See if you can hire him as an excavator somewhere! I'm sure those fancy companies want the best excavators. If I ever get one I hope he doesn't dig that much :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Umm, not the hole I want her to go. She'll get to the neighbors pool in less than 10feet! I'm gonna start a hole in the middle of the huge yard. This way, if she digs even 20 feet, she wouldn't get to the neighbors or the house foundation :p Michigan Frog is in full agreement. We want baby runt to accomplish her excavation project, only we'll give her some help ;)
:D Not there precisely , but just in the general yard area... It wouldn't be good is she showed up in your neighbors yard some day, so the starter hole is a great idea :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
She's not giving up! Every time input her out, she's digging somewhere else. I've got to Michigan Frog to begin the "controlled dig" so she can go at it lol

MichiganFrog

5 Year Member
Northwest Florida
She's not giving up! Every time input her out, she's digging somewhere else. I've got to Michigan Frog to begin the "controlled dig" so she can go at it lol

Just mark the spot, and my trusty pickaxe will do the rest. :)