I LOST BABY RUNT!!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Get the word out with the neighborhood kids.
They are good at finding them.(it's likely one of them has the tortoise.)
Make sure to offer a small cash reward.
Keep in mind that almost every single missing tortoise post has a happy ending. ;)

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Keep checking around your yard, sometimes they don't wander too far. I hope you get good news soon.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Get the word out with the neighborhood kids.
They are good at finding them.(it's likely one of them has the tortoise.)
Make sure to offer a small cash reward.
Keep in mind that almost every single missing tortoise post has a happy ending. ;)

I just left the house trying to catch people leaving for work, AND SHE WAS FOUND!!!
She had roamed down the block toward a busy street when a woman saw her and placed her on a person' lawn three houses away! Apparently, the woman works at the lunch cafeteria at a local high school. I'm at the HS now placing a flyer with the workers in the cafeteria. Hopefully, she will still have her and I will get her sometime today.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just left the house trying to catch people leaving for work, AND SHE WAS FOUND!!!
She had roamed down the block toward a busy street when a woman saw her and placed her on a person' lawn three houses away! Apparently, the woman works at the lunch cafeteria at a local high school. I'm at the HS now placing a flyer with the workers in the cafeteria. Hopefully, she will still have her and I will get her sometime today.
GREAT.
Another happy ending.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
"Placed her on the lawn" ...I hope that doesn't mean the tortoise could have walked off and be anywhere by now. Fingers crossed!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I found her! I contacted the HS where the woman works. I left her the flyer with my phone. Before even leaving the school, she called me. She had said Baby Runt spent the night under her shed. That means, temps got down to 59 degrees and I knew she was real cold. I didn't know what this would do to her, but at least she was safe and enclose in a fenced in yard. The woman wanted me to meet her at her residence after she got off from work at 1 p.m. But, I just couldn't do that. I went straight Fri the school to her residence, and looked into her locked fence. I could see Baby Runt. I called out to her but she was still. I just couldn't take it. I noticed the locked fence was bent and with a little wiggle and a push, the gate opened. I may have broken the law, bit I just had to see how she was after spending the night outside. She was not looking good. I lifted her 65+ lbs body into my car. I drove straight home and made a warm bath with Pedialyte. She's been soaking for more than an hour. I'm gonna take her out and see if she'll eat anything. After that, I'll put her I her house with the heat and humidifier on. She's staying in today. My husband swore to fix that wall so that not even the 100 lbs males couldn't break through it. Thank you everyone for your kind support and prayers! Love you all!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
"Placed her on the lawn" ...I hope that doesn't mean the tortoise could have walked off and be anywhere by now. Fingers crossed!
No, she placed her on a neighbors lawn and spoke with her to see if she knew whose tort it was. When the woman couldn't find the owner, she placed her in her trunk and took her home. Baby Runt spend the night under a shed in her fenced in backyard. I picked her up this morning. I have her now soaking. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
As Collin Mochrie would say, hands on hips in the Superman position, "Another crisis averted!"

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love happy endings!:<3:

Fredkas

5 Year Member
I am so happy to hear that!!!!

So EXCITED for you!!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WOOHOO. I am so very happy for you.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
The woman wanted me to meet her at her residence after she got off from work at 1 p.m. But, I just couldn't do that. I went straight Fri the school to her residence, and looked into her locked fence. I could see Baby Runt. I called out to her but she was still. I just couldn't take it. I noticed the locked fence was bent and with a little wiggle and a push, the gate opened. I may have broken the law, bit I just had to see how she was after spending the night outside.
You are not doing any damage to the woman house right?
It just maybe you can upset her by rushing to her house and take the tortoise without permission although baby runt is yours.
You don't want to do that to someone who is so kind.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I am glad you found her, I'd definitely be stopping by the lady's house with a coffee gift card or something for at least putting her somewhere secure.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I'VE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU ALL AFTERNOON!!!! Hallelujah!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You are not doing any damage to the woman house right?
It just maybe you can upset her by rushing to her house and take the tortoise without permission although baby runt is yours.
You don't want to do that to someone who is so kind.
You're right. I didn't do any damage, though. Like I said, the kick was already twisted and not secured. I was able to push again it at an angle, and it opened. I closed it the same way. Call it temporary insanity, but I just had to see how she was. I couldn't wait 4 more hours with her in the cold. I had originally asked if I could just go over and get her. I don't think she would have mind it if it weren't because she had a lock on it. But, like I said, the lock wasn't secured. Well, I'm outside her home waiting for her to come home. When I see her, I'll profoundly apologize and give her the reward money. Maybe, that will help her understand how frantic I've been over her.