Baby redfoot vet results

Status
Not open for further replies.

bannana

5 Year Member
I brought my baby redfoot In because she hasn't been eating. I brought her in and she weighs 26 grams and is about a month old. I got her from the mn reptile show and she ate normal for the first week.anyway the vet said everything I am doing is fine and she looks healthy and the problem may be a parasite and I need a stool sample but I can't get one until she eats!it amazes me how she still moves fine.i am also soaking her in a carrot baby food and water mixture. if you guys could give ANY ideas on what to do that would be great thanks! ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368930393.721574.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What are your temps and humidity. Shes still very new, so do you feed her and watch or walk away?

bannana

5 Year Member
Temps right now r 85 humidity 80 and yes I do watch and actually she got a few bites of cactus yesterday and today a good bite of mazuri which isn't a lot but from wat she had been its better

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Sometimes they don't like to be watched while they eat. Mine was like that at first ( I also have a Redfoot). I would put the food down and let your tortoise eat in peace and see if it starts to eat more.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
You can bump the humidity up, what are you feeding? And im wondering if your temps ccould be bumped up also.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
What exactly are you using to measure the temps? Maybe they are lower than you think.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Have you tried strawberries or some other fruit? Sometimes when they won't eat they'll eat fruit. Offer various other foods, keep it fresh everytime. Just keep offering fresh food, and keep doing the soaks in carrot or squash baby food. You may even try using Pedialite (a liquid given to babies that may be hydrated). It can be found in WalMart or Walgreens. This is a great liquid to use when lil ones aren't eating or drinking like they should. I hope your baby starts to eat normally soon. Keep us posted. Thanks

bannana

5 Year Member
theelectraco said:
Sometimes they don't like to be watched while they eat. Mine was like that at first ( I also have a Redfoot). I would put the food down and let your tortoise eat in peace and see if it starts to eat more.
I have tried this and when I do that she doesn't eat at all.

mainey34 said:
You can bump the humidity up, what are you feeding? And im wondering if your temps ccould be bumped up also.

I have bumped up the humidity a ton and I don't think I can anymore.. I have tried banana, strawberrys ,romaine ,spring mix,mazuri,cactus,tomato,apple,butternut squash,baby romaine and little orange bites that's supposed to be a appetite stimulant.

theelectraco said:
What exactly are you using to measure the temps? Maybe they are lower than you think.

The cheap analog ones. I don't believe I have enough cash for anything better at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.