Baby Leopard Play Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I am in love with these 2 new babies. They are so tiny and adorable I just can't stop looking at them ;)

They'll be raised indoors with a hot and humid environment. At this size I'll only have them outside for about an hour a day. They will gradually get more time as they grow. For their hour outside I don't want to loose them in the big leopard pen so I made a small play pen that I can move around as needed. It's only 12"x24" because that was the size of the 2x4's I had lying around ;)

Eventually they'll get a bigger play pen and then run of the big pen.

I must have taken a million pictures of them today but I'll spare you and just show you a few...

2lcs6r5.jpg

2u4k5ya.jpg

They started to graze right away. Eating the clovers and the grass!
25jw7k8.jpg

21bvpmg.jpg

2cwmuc1.jpg

and while I was checking out the leopard pen I found this!! A squash growing :) I normally pinch off the flowers as they bloom and rotate feeding it to the different torts. Must have missed one!
33wbjiv.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wait a minute. My memory might be playing tricks on me. Didn't you have one leopard? Then you got two more to finish your trio of leopards. How does 1+2 =5? Is this some new kind of forum math I haven't heard about? What happened, I missed something, hmmm:D

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
wellington said:
Wait a minute. My memory might be playing tricks on me. Didn't you have one leopard? Then you got two more to finish your trio of leopards. How does 1+2 =5? Is this some new kind of forum math I haven't heard about? What happened, I missed something, hmmm:D

This is not addicted math, she need two more to grow smooth for demonstrations, totally different lol. Cute little guys I remember my little Leo's, very fun species

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Haha Barb...

So yes I had my trio. The one I raised smooth and 2 I adopted from another member that were started dry.
Opportunity came up to acquire a new hatchling and I wanted to be able to raise another smooth. I have been putting together presentations on the humid method and needed another smooth example.
When I met up to pick the baby she surprisingly had 2 to offer. So I took both. :)

My Husband made me give him an official handshake tonight. No more turtles at the house.

But I can still add more to the classroom tank ;)

See...miller gets it :D :p

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Heather they are just precious. Look forward to watching them grow

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
And your husband bought the "needed for presentation" excuse. Okay, I must get over my fear of talking to a group, and build my presentation. First thing I needed for presentation, buy, more torts:D. If my husband bucks at the idea, I'm sending him to talk to yours:p. When you shook hands, you had your fingers crossed didn't you, blah, haha:D

Seriously, they are adorable and you are doing a fantastic job speaking to people and spreading the word.:)

Jtort

5 Year Member
So Cal
They are so cute! I become more and more obsessed as each day goes by.

Heather, you have inspired me (Tom too) I'm doing hot and humid with Cloudy. When he's a little older and if he's smooth, then I want a trio too (of 3 or 5). No one tell my husband (yet)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
What's better then a trio of leopards? 5 leopard tortoises. I'm telling you worse then potato chips

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jtort said:
They are so cute! I become more and more obsessed as each day goes by.

Heather, you have inspired me (Tom too) I'm doing hot and humid with Cloudy. When he's a little older and if he's smooth, then I want a trio too (of 3 or 5). No one tell my husband (yet)

Just blame it on Heather:D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Opportunity came up
needed another
I took both

You know, there is really no AA for this addiction--

No more turtles at the house.

Ah yes, the devil is truly in the details.....hahaha, he never stood a chance ....:p

oh yeah, great on the fly enclosure....

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Baby Leopard Play Pen

Team Gomberg said:
Haha I love this ;)

Proof of the handshake...

My pic didn't go through..

Heather

Attachments

• 1374822731295.jpg
    1374822731295.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 45

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Baby Leopard Play Pen

ascott said:
That handshake is a great front....poor guy....:D

Hahaha...

He's a good man. He isn't into turtles like I am but he lets me go all out for them. :)

Heather

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Team Gomberg said:
ascott said:
That handshake is a great front....poor guy....:D

Hahaha...

He's a good man. He isn't into turtles like I am but he lets me go all out for them. :)

Heather

He lets you have your potato chips haha

Status
Not open for further replies.