Babies outside :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
Warm enough to get the little guys outside today! My husband quickly put together a "topper" for them. I was horrifed to read a story on here about a hawk taking a baby! So anyway, here we go!

First up, our transport container. Not really needed, but it helped to quickly get out the door without any cats trailing us...
100_0534.jpg

Next, our "topper". I had an area of just dirt in the backyard that conveniently had two dandelion patches:)
100_0536.jpg

Here's Tootsie (I put the cloth there to have some shade)
100_0541.jpg

100_0557.jpg

Some of Tank
100_0539.jpg

100_0538.jpg

Big sister Tina
100_0549.jpg

Tank also found the RT seed fairy visited him as well:rolleyes:
100_0526.jpg

100_0521.jpg

In case anyone was wondering, these guys are separated because they are still under quarantine.
Hope you enjoyed!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You know that Russians are #1 on the escape and evasion artist list , right? They climb, dig and sometimes seem to just levitate out of their enclosures. I've used that sort of frame for 3-4" sulcata babies and almost had them dig and squeez under it.

Really glad they are outside, but the more I like a tortoise the more I worry about them, and I really like your tiny little babies.

I almost feel silly even saying it to you, but better safe than sorry... :)

Laurie

5 Year Member
Yes Tom I know, :) . They were supervised the whole time. This was something quick to get them out in that sun! Were still working on their permanent outdoor enclosure. My husband was watching over Tina.

Now, you didn't really think I would leave my little babies outside without watching them like a hawk, did you?

Please don't feel silly offering advice to me, even if you think I know it! I value your experience.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Well if they were supervised the whole time, you should have just let them roam around your whole yard :)

Laurie

5 Year Member
Jacob said:
Well if they were supervised the whole time, you should have just let them roam around your whole yard :)

Lol, I would have, but I read on here somewhere ( I don't remember the thread, but I know I read it) about a baby that was picked up by a hawk, while allowed to roam free. I have a family of three hawks that spend the summer in the woods behind my house. That's why I put a topper on them, yes I'm that paranoid!

Status
Not open for further replies.