Back legs not working, pink urine, doesn't move

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
An embarrassing 80$! He pooped when the doctor picked him up and flipped him over, and they took that for “sampling” but never called us with the results so overall, not a great experience ??
I'm guessing your tort didn't think much of the vet either. Lol! So glad your tort is doing so much better.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm guessing your tort didn't think much of the vet either. Lol! So glad your tort is doing so much better.
Mine didn't either and did the same for his first vet visit.hehehe...they were apologizing for his messed up reptile carrier and offering to do a stool sample and I was laughing my head off and saying good boy ? the silly professionals aren't calling back right now with good news and everyone is blaming it on COVID ?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
the previous owner didn't mention a UVB she only mentioned that it was her sons and they put it in a sunny area of the house. So I am assuming no. He does with us though.
Window glass and even a window screen can block so much UVB that all you're getting is the light itself with no benefits

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
If this were my tort, I would only start with a blood test which can show if organs are working right. Exotic vets are not cheap and I would not rush into a bunch of test right off the bat. If the blood shows all is well with kidneys etc then bring him home and continue with the better care and diet.
Also as long as you are soaking him, start the water therapy. Just soak him in a bigger deeper container.
Jumping into a bunch of test may just cost you a bunch of money for what a blood test should be able to answer.
Blood tests can also show calcium saturation. A good indicator of MBD along with X rays