Awesome new tort table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Looks awesome; unique idea with the pull out cutting board. Curious about what size you pieces you cut the food into, my little ones seem to have a hard time eating small pieces of produce and do better with full leaves/ long blades. I have seen that lots of people on this forum cut their food up; perhaps I just have low IQ tortoises.

tancho_kuhaku

5 Year Member
Hi, what substrate are you using? and at how thick? Lastly what kind of light are you using? and the duration? thanks a lot!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
tancho_kuhaku said:
Hi, what substrate are you using? and at how thick? Lastly what kind of light are you using? and the duration? thanks a lot!

Hi tancho_kuhaku:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
katherine said:
Looks awesome; unique idea with the pull out cutting board. Curious about what size you pieces you cut the food into, my little ones seem to have a hard time eating small pieces of produce and do better with full leaves/ long blades. I have seen that lots of people on this forum cut their food up; perhaps I just have low IQ tortoises.

I cut it into pieces that are about .5' squared, and if they're bigger, he just keeps munching and pulling it in with his tongue until it all gone. I don't worry too much if the pieces are big bc it gives him something do do, and his food sure wouldn't be cut up in Africa!

tancho_kuhaku said:

Hi, I did an intro a while back. U get on the forum from the mobile app so not all the things on the full site are available. I use just plain topsoil with nothing in it mixed with some cypress mulch. I have a 150 w zoomed basking bulb and a 10.0 UVB linear bulb, along with a 75 w red heat bulb for sleepy time.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
Forgot to add...12 hrs with white lights and 12 of the red one. I'm trying to get him on a regular sleep schedule, but it's hard when I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.