Are they Hibernating or is Something else wrong? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyssadaunvoit

5 Year Member
I have two Russian Tortoises that live in a tortoise table indoors. They have always been extremely active, always ate, always good in health. I'd say the past month or so they eat little if any and both just seem to sleep in the dirt. My boyfriend actually asked if they were still alive with how lifeless they are now :( yesterday I took them out and let them explore...both looking healthy...back in the cage though they just slept...is something wrong or are they just hibernating?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Alyssadaunvoit said:
I have two Russian Tortoises that live in a tortoise table indoors. They have always been extremely active, always ate, always good in health. I'd say the past month or so they eat little if any and both just seem to sleep in the dirt. My boyfriend actually asked if they were still alive with how lifeless they are now :( yesterday I took them out and let them explore...both looking healthy...back in the cage though they just slept...is something wrong or are they just hibernating?

Their activity level changes when the cooler weather comes around. Do you have a heat source for them?

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Can you tell us more about the temperatures in the enclosure and how many hours of light?

Status
Not open for further replies.