Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
First time I'm seeing it. A lot cheaper than the one's we normally use. I'd be interested in hearing about it too.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I think "Solar-brite" is the brand that I saw being used in a couple of articles in the latest TSA magazine. I have been meaning to check it out.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I was wrong - the bulb in the TSA article was a "Bright Sun Desert." Preliminary searching suggests that they are not available in the US, only the UK.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Haven't seen any test data on it, unlike what was available on some of the more expensive bulbs...so, I'd be wary to use it until I saw some. Even saw it at a Petsmart the other day (I think $40, next to an $80 Powersun!). Its in the same price range as other lower end MVBs like the Fluker's Sun Spot. So no, I haven't used it (only Mega Ray or T-Rex Active UV Heat).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've been using the 100 watt version for about six weeks now on two different enclosures. Its seems to be working great, but since my torts get sun all the time anyway, I have no way to know for sure.

travisgn

5 Year Member
A google search the other day turned up some bad reviews and no good reviews. I'll definitely wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.