Any tortoise friendly soap or body wash liquid to recommend

qiangzhu

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
I always try to pick up the tortoise poop as soon as possible but sometime I cannot do it immediately which makes tortoise really smelly if there are a lot of poop attached to their body. I tried to use brush and water to clean it but it is still smelly. Not sure if any tortoise friendly soap or body wash liquid to recommend. I don't want to use the soap or body washer liquid for human since I don't know if it is harmful to tortoise. Thanks a lot

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I just use lukewarm water for my leopard.
I put him in his bath and use an old mug to flush the water around his mucky legs or rear end to loosen any poop.
Any that still sticks I wipe away with kitchen paper, then soak again in clean water. Works well and no odour after.

jso

55*N, UK
Any kind of shampoo should not be necessary. Lukewarm water should suffice.
If a tortoise is so covered in faeces that it needs to washed to this extent, and if it is still smelly, I’d be worried about why the stools are so smelly and (presumably) runny in the first place. Tortoise faeces should be quite hard and dry, with obvious roughage in them. Maybe the diet in this case is wrong in some way?