Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilieo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Delaware
Any suggestions on adding things to my Tortoise enclosure for exercise/reduce bordem? ? I have a hide-a-log she likes to climb over and of course crawl through; water bowl to climb in. Any other suggestions? ? ?

Thanks.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
chilieo said:
Any suggestions on adding things to my Tortoise enclosure for exercise/reduce bordem? ? I have a hide-a-log she likes to climb over and of course crawl through; water bowl to climb in. Any other suggestions? ? ?

Thanks.

you could add a hill, some rocks, or plants to climb over or hide under. Just make sure whatever it is that it doesn't cause your tort to flip especially in the water or under the heat lamp.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Also change how you feed her. Like do you always chop it fine? Try sometimes leaving the leaves whole, so she has to rip it herself. Or use a clip and hang the leaf up, so it dangles into the cage like it might in nature.

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lisbon, Portugal
dinkanber said:
I always leave my leos leaves whole.I like for him to have to work for his food

same here.

chilieo said:

As said, hills and rocks, and also pots with growing seeds (feeder weeds do really good). You could also place these away from the walls so the tort can roam behind them. The more interesting\less predictable it is for them, the better.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
rocks, hills, slates, branches, logs, bolders, plants, pots, anything larger than your tortoise can be used.
you can buy chew-stick hides for hamsters?
theyre like logs and flexible ...theyre good

chilieo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Delaware
T-P said:
rocks, hills, slates, branches, logs, bolders, plants, pots, anything larger than your tortoise can be used.
you can buy chew-stick hides for hamsters?
theyre like logs and flexible ...theyre good

THANK YOU EVERYONE! ! ! ! I have some ideas now.

Status
Not open for further replies.