5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
EricIvins said:
Shelly said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
Shelly said:
Hope she does serious jail time.
Original antique picks are highly sought after by a small segment of guitarists, mostly Bluegrass players, for their supposedly superior tone. Personally, I can't hear a difference.

Still, it's a rare bluegrass festival where there isn't someone offering TS picks (it reminds me of a dope deal..."Hey, you're not a Fed or cop, are ya?"...at remarkably high prices ...one recent offering was 3 for $200!)

It isn't illegal if it is an old piece. I have sold a couple myself.......

Unfortunately that's what most people think........Untill they are facing several serious Federal charges......

These are the same charges you would get trafficking in Ivory, Rhino Horn, Tiger pieces, etc.......

All of those items are legal to own and sell if they were collected prior to the ban being in place.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
Shelly said:
EricIvins said:
Shelly said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
Shelly said:
Hope she does serious jail time.
Original antique picks are highly sought after by a small segment of guitarists, mostly Bluegrass players, for their supposedly superior tone. Personally, I can't hear a difference.

Still, it's a rare bluegrass festival where there isn't someone offering TS picks (it reminds me of a dope deal..."Hey, you're not a Fed or cop, are ya?"...at remarkably high prices ...one recent offering was 3 for $200!)

It isn't illegal if it is an old piece. I have sold a couple myself.......

Unfortunately that's what most people think........Untill they are facing several serious Federal charges......

These are the same charges you would get trafficking in Ivory, Rhino Horn, Tiger pieces, etc.......

All of those items are legal to own and sell if they were collected prior to the ban being in place.

Legal to own, if you have sufficient documentation to prove that it is pre-CITES.

Legal to sell...not hardly.

Nobody is telling you this info to bust your hump, we're just hoping to help you avoid a VERY sticky legal issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.