Another weed in my backyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
This also grew in my backyard over the winter here in Northern California. I can't seem to match it up with anything. It grew in a small patch near the side of the house which doesn't get much sun. Before I yank them, what are they? And are they edible?

Weed01.jpg

Weed02.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Common Groundsel....this is what I am reminded of when I see your pic....however, there is a chance that it is Sow Thistle.....Groundsel not good for feeding to tortoise.....Sow Thistle good for feeding to tortoise....I would suggest you go online and look up both of these and see if either one is what you have (since you can see what you have in person it will make it easier for you to know if it is either one, you know?)

Yvonne is fantastic at id'g plants so maybe she will see this one and let us know what she thinks... :D

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
ascott said:
Common Groundsel....this is what I am reminded of when I see your pic....however, there is a chance that it is Sow Thistle.....Groundsel not good for feeding to tortoise.....Sow Thistle good for feeding to tortoise....I would suggest you go online and look up both of these and see if either one is what you have (since you can see what you have in person it will make it easier for you to know if it is either one, you know?)

Yvonne is fantastic at id'g plants so maybe she will see this one and let us know what she thinks... :D

It could be groundsel, but the leaves don't quite look the same. I have sow thistle, with a lot of reddish purple streaks in the stalks. There is no red coloration in the stalks of these plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.