Another squeaking question

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu
I searched other threads and the closest thing I could find was a post from Tort Pierre (?) on 9/16/14. When we first got Snoopy about 2 years ago, he would make what has been described as a "squeaking" sound occasionally, itʻs similar to a wet foot in a flip flop. We would only hear it every now and then. Snoopy went missing for about 5 months, and when we got him back a couple of months ago he was still making that noise. I noticed it happens mostly in his bath - his water is baby warm, and I use the double boiler method. His enclosure is 6X4 table, temps are 71-75F, cool/ambient side, and 90F basking side, using a CHE, and temps are taken using an infrared temp gun. His nose and eyes are clear, heʻs active, poops and pees, and his appetite is fine. Since heʻs been making that sound for a while and he seems healthy otherwise, should I assume that heʻs okay? Oh, and heʻs not mounting anything, so I donʻt think its that. ;)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I searched other threads and the closest thing I could find was a post from Tort Pierre (?) on 9/16/14. When we first got Snoopy about 2 years ago, he would make what has been described as a "squeaking" sound occasionally, itʻs similar to a wet foot in a flip flop. We would only hear it every now and then. Snoopy went missing for about 5 months, and when we got him back a couple of months ago he was still making that noise. I noticed it happens mostly in his bath - his water is baby warm, and I use the double boiler method. His enclosure is 6X4 table, temps are 71-75F, cool/ambient side, and 90F basking side, using a CHE, and temps are taken using an infrared temp gun. His nose and eyes are clear, heʻs active, poops and pees, and his appetite is fine. Since heʻs been making that sound for a while and he seems healthy otherwise, should I assume that heʻs okay? Oh, and heʻs not mounting anything, so I donʻt think its that. ;)
Many, many posts have come up over the years about squeaking tortoises and the diagnosis was everything from it being a relatively normal thing to the start of an upper respiratory issue.
Since your tortoise isnt weak or sluggish. Has no discharge etc, I'm betting it's nothing to worry about.
ESPECIALLY since he's done it for years. That alone.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Thanks for the reassurance. Yes, I read through a ton of posts on squeaking, each one a little different from another. Gads, who knew squeaking was such a thing?!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Thanks for the reassurance. Yes, I read through a ton of posts on squeaking, each one a little different from another. Gads, who knew squeaking was such a thing?!
And maybe he's just talking at you. Houdini quacks at me, usually when he seems annoyed or after his soak.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Hi Jan! I think youʻre right, heʻs probably telling me how much he does not appreciate being soaked. ?