Another Swollen Leg Question

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu
Hi, I did some looking around but couldnʻt find anything exactly like the issue Iʻm having. My little Russianʻs front legs have been looking a little swollen to me, but my family keeps saying he looks fine. Heʻs in a 6X4 open enclosure, basking area 95-105F, ambient/warm side 80-ish degrees - there is no cool side because of the area we live in. Humidity is about 58% today, goes up to 90% depending on the weather. Fresh dandelion, narrow leaf plantain, hibiscus flowers, mizuna, assorted greens. TNT twice a week, soaks once a week for about 40 minutes. Pooping, peeing, walking, energy, alertness all fine. Two to three hours of outdoor sunlight a week - no indoor UV since my son decided he wanted to cut the electrical cord off the fixture. Any suggestions?

snoop leg.jpgsnoop leg2.jpgIMG_3984.jpg

Lisa Benson

Dallas TX
Hi, I did some looking around but couldnʻt find anything exactly like the issue Iʻm having. My little Russianʻs front legs have been looking a little swollen to me, but my family keeps saying he looks fine. Heʻs in a 6X4 open enclosure, basking area 95-105F, ambient/warm side 80-ish degrees - there is no cool side because of the area we live in. Humidity is about 58% today, goes up to 90% depending on the weather. Fresh dandelion, narrow leaf plantain, hibiscus flowers, mizuna, assorted greens. TNT twice a week, soaks once a week for about 40 minutes. Pooping, peeing, walking, energy, alertness all fine. Two to three hours of outdoor sunlight a week - no indoor UV since my son decided he wanted to cut the electrical cord off the fixture. Any suggestions?

View attachment 342035View attachment 342036View attachment 342037

Lisa Benson

Dallas TX
Take the turtle to a vet to be looked at, but make certain it is one that specializes in reptiles. The poor thing’s legs do look puffy.