Another one blew...

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Farm
:(I had 3...now there's one left. Another one of my Star eggs blew up in the incubator. It was bad. These are her first batch so chances are their all no good BUT lets hope the last one is fertile. We'll see!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Hang in there ... I had two Libyan eggs explode, but the last on hatched! :)

horsfeldman

5 Year Member
turtlelady80 said:
:(I had 3...now there's one left. Another one of my Star eggs blew up in the incubator. It was bad. These are her first batch so chances are their all no good BUT lets hope the last one is fertile. We'll see!

Did they get small holes in and cracked? as this has happened to 2 of my tortoise eggs and dont know whats happened.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
horsfeldman said:
turtlelady80 said:

Did they get small holes in and cracked? as this has happened to 2 of my tortoise eggs and dont know whats happened.

No holes. No cracks. Just blew up. I still have the last one in my incubator but its starting to look like its cracking on the side (but no baby) tried candling but hard to tell what's going on.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
turtlelady80 said:
horsfeldman said:
turtlelady80 said:

No holes. No cracks. Just blew up. I still have the last one in my incubator but its starting to look like its cracking on the side (but no baby) tried candling but hard to tell what's going on.

Aww I hope it works out! Maybe you just had a bad batch...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
tortiechik said:
What causes the egg to blow?

Gas build up. Either the embryo died and the gasses built up inside the egg, or the infertile egg turned rotten and the gasses built up.

However, in my experience, the infertile eggs usually just dry out and don't blow up, so these may have been fertile.

Status
Not open for further replies.