Another Greek I.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynn DeVries

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
This is a trio I got from Agama International a few months ago. The males are aprox 7" and the female is aprox 8.5". The Black male died a few weeks after he arrived :( he had a crooked jaw and a runny nose and he was dehydrated. I did everything I could but he passed on. So Danny what are they?:D

Lynn

Attachments

• Black Male.jpg
    Black Male.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Female Greek.jpg
    Female Greek.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Male Greek.jpg
    Male Greek.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 32

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They look like ibera. Any back ground on them, like when imported. It would help to see plastrons and head and front legs pictures.

Danny

Lynn DeVries

5 Year Member
Iowa
Ok i will get some more shots, I still have to do all the others too:D
No background on them, other than the "Normal Male" is in theory Bert Langerwarfs long time pet. Bert passed away last August, but the legend is that he had a male greek since he was a teenager. We are assuming it is the normal male as the black male had the crooked jaw and was in tough shape.

Lynn

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They are almost definately ibera if they were long term pets of Berts, even the black one. They look like ibera from the European mainland.

Danny

Lynn DeVries

5 Year Member
Iowa
Knowing Bert like I did, I suspect he collected them himself. A mutual friend of ours said "Bert got some Black Greeks a few years ago".
So When I bought the entire Tortoise collection from his son I was hoping for a group of the Black Greeks (his son was not able to identify the different types) But there was only the one male so I wondered if maybe they didnt do well for him. At any rate all of Bert's other Tortoises are doing fine here and I have their enclosures labeled "Bert's Tortoises" so I dont lose track of them. I think he would have liked that.

Lynn
PS no pics yet as its raining out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.