Golden Greek Photos and questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Hi
After waiting a few days for them to settle down I just took photos of my new Greek trio.
You will notice some shell damage in particular on the female-that area is a little risen compared to the rest of her shell-is this normal after healing from damage? (like a risen scar?)
My females heads are different shapes to each other-the darker girl is blunter in shape and the lighter one is more arrow shaped-is this a normal difference or an indicator of a possible different origin?

You may notice the runny nose on my male too. He is being treated.He arrived with his right nostril runny and sticky but clear.

I asked questions of origin in a previous post and some of you thought it may help by posting plastron shots so I include these too.
Thanks
Darker female
PB140005Large.jpg

Dark female head
PB140011Large.jpg

PB140015Large.jpg

Light female head
PB140012Large.jpg

PB140024Large.jpg

Dark Female plastron
PB140006Large.jpg

Dark- left, light- right
PB140007Large.jpg

Light female plastron
PB140025Large.jpg

Male head shot(complete with runny nose:()
PB140031Large-1.jpg

Male
PB140032Large-1.jpg

Male plastron
PB140029Large.jpg

Shell damage on female
PB140009Large.jpg

Whoops I need to post head shots to show the different head shapes on females-I'll add them soon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Those are some mighty pretty tortoises. The females' carapaces (with the exception of that one spot) look perfect!

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
emysemys said:
Those are some mighty pretty tortoises. The females' carapaces (with the exception of that one spot) look perfect!

Thanks Yvonne-I am really pleased with them.I hope the girls lose a bit of shyness.I'm sure they are just settling in. I love the patterns and colours on the male too.
Does a damaged spot usually look a bit higher rather than smooth-hard to see on the photo, but the damage is raised up above the rest of the shell.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's because underneath the damage, new bone and keratin is growing. Eventually, may be years from now, that damaged spot will flake off and new stuff with be there in its place.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
emysemys said:
That's because underneath the damage, new bone and keratin is growing. Eventually, may be years from now, that damaged spot will flake off and new stuff with be there in its place.

Ok Thanks-the new stuff underneath seems to be hard already below the original shell surface.
Thanks!:)

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Beautiful! :) Are you sure they're golden greeks? They look like a different subspecies to me ...

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Hi
Thank you everyone for the comments.
The darker female is getting more confident, need to now wait on the lighter female as she still hides most of the time.
the male still has a runny nose but is acting quite normally aside from that.
He is more active and eating, moving around etc.
So overall I think they are settling in to their new home at last.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.