Anaheim Convention Center Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Hello everyone. Just wanted to post the pictures that I took at the expo that we went to today. It was pretty good a lot of snakes I was a little surprised at how many are out there. I'm posting the pictures, but I'm not as good as some of you about the names. Anyway I say Robyn there also. Enjoy the pictures. If you click on the pictures twice they should enlarge and turn the right way. I don't know how to make them bigger than this.

This was at Tyler Stewart's(Blue Beast Reptiles) booth. What a nice guy he is. He says that the Sulcats is 22 years old and 70 lbs. he was very sweet though a little shy.

These were the Aldabra's. My husband really liked these. I think the price was near 3000.00. Wow!

These were all in one container.

These are the Ivory Sulcata's.

Leopards

Loved this little Pancake Tortoise.

Of course I would never leave out the Redfoots.

And last but not least.......

I can't stand this picture of me, but I think Robyn looks great.

Hope you all enjoy these. I had fun today and so did my boys and I even think my husband did too. :p

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
I spent a few hours there this afternoon and took a bunch of photos as well. I was amazed at how many vendors were selling Sulcatas, and how cheap they are! Most were around $60-70 but I saw them as low as $50 for a hatchling. I hope the vendors at least tell the buyers how big they get. There was a boy looking at Hank the Tank (BlueBeastReptile's Sulcata) and the lady working there (Sharon? Sarah? S-something) showed him the hatchlings and told him that Hank was the father. The boy's eyes got really wide and he looked at her like she was teasing him. He said something like "but... that one is SO MUCH BIGGER!" hahaha

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yes I think Tyler's wife's name is Sarah and they also had there little boy there. He was selling stuff to Robyn. I wish I would have known that someone else was going we could have met up with each other. I agree about the Sulcata's I couldn't believe how many they had there either and the prices were pretty cheap. Well I hope you will post your pictures I would love to see them. :)

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
Expect to see them in the photos section sometime tonight :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love the picture of you and Robyn together. How nice that you dressed alike!! :D Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Wish I could've been there too.

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
terryo said:
Those are great pictures. I'm hoping I can get the the NY one next week.

Be careful Terry they do have some cute tortoises. You just might end up with another one. :p

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Great pics Candy. Now I'll tell you I never liked my pic taken. Reminds me how old and big I am LOL. Didn't even realize we dressed alike until I saw the pics. You would have thought we planned it that way. I enjoyed seeing you again and having a little time to chat. I enjoyed meeting your husband, he is a super nice guy. Kadann I commented on you pics in your section. You two did not leave me much to post. But I'll get mine on tomorrow and I'll try hard not to duplicate any. :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Amazing pictures Candy. I am sure you had a lot of fun there :D
I love the pic of you and Robyn!
Thank you for sharing!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Great pics Candy !! Looked so awesome, wish they had that kinda thing here, pfffft, bet they don't even know how to SPELL reptile here hahaha. I also love the pic of you and Robyn, not a bad pic of either of you. RObs you look so cute,and yeah def looked like you guys planned your outfits!! I just love the bright orange colour!

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Candy & Robin, you guys look very nice.
Too bad I missed it. It was so close, but may be it was for a good reason--I would have probably gotten into trouble buying something I shouldn't have. ;-)

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
Madortoise said:
Candy & Robin, you guys look very nice.
Too bad I missed it. It was so close, but may be it was for a good reason--I would have probably gotten into trouble buying something I shouldn't have. ;-)

Just 'forget' your money/credit cards at home (other than a few bucks for parking and $15 for the admission fee)

The first thing my girlfriend asked when I called her on my way home was "so, how many critters do you have in the back seat?" She didn't believe me when I said none, I guess I could have gotten away with buying something!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
If you visit http://www.narbc.com/htm2006/an_index.htm before the show you can print the coupon and get $2.00 off admission. That's why I make a day out of it. $13.00 admission and $10.00 to park. I take lunch and water with me. So if I don't buy anything it only costs me $23.00 for the day. It's cheaper than a movie with soda and popcorn and I have a better time. :D And the admission cost covers both days if you want to go Sat and Sun. :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
It cost us $54.00 to get in and ten dollars (I couldn't believe that) to park and then the boys got hungry and they bought hamburgers that cost $7.50 plus $1.00 if you wanted fries. Pepsi was $2.50 each and I think the bottled water was also. My husband and I waited to eat till later. I was going to buy cactus there, but Robyn suggested that I roam around a little to get the best price and after my husband heard that he said he would get some from across our alley from a neighbors that has it hanging over his fence. So Dale was happy he got the fruit from the cactus. He actually wouldn't eat the cactus itself I think it might have been too hard. Anyway we only stayed for about 3 hours, but I have never been to a reptile show so it was an experience. The only thing that I couldn't believe was that they only took cash to get in and for parking so that cost us another $3.00 because I hardly ever carry cash and my husband didn't have that much on him. Oh well live and learn. :p At the end of the show I found this little Greek Tortoise and he was only $100.00 and he was so cute that made it worth it, but I still had to walk away. You could actually come out of there with a lot if you didn't watch yourself with all those little eyes and legs moving saying take me home, take me home. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.