best and biggest reptile expo out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I went to the NARBC reptile expo in Arlington, TX today with my sister and we had fun :) bought two crested geckos that are amazing
It was really small though and mainly just a whole bunch of snakes.
I was wondering what the biggest and best ones were? Like in which cities and stuff
I wanted to see lots of different reptiles, exotics and stuff. I also was hoping for a lot more tortoise people :(
Whenever the next big best expo is me and my sister r gonna make the drive or fly and go to it because even this little one was fun

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
I may be biased but I really like the National Reptile Breeder's Expo in Daytona Beach, Florida.
It is held in the Ocean Center but much of the activity takes place at the Hilton Hotel across the street on the beach. On Friday night before the Expo there are the Turtle Night Turtle Talks and many of the world's top turtle experts meet up and shoot the breeze before and after these presentations. The entire atmosphere is friendly and fun. On Saturday night there are fireworks from the famous Daytona Beach Boardwalk and these seem to be right outside the windows of the Hilton Hotel.
The actual Expo itself is great too and there are all kinds of captive bred animals that are available. But we go there mostly to see old friends and enjoy the weekend.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
cdmay said:
I may be biased but I really like the National Reptile Breeder's Expo in Daytona Beach, Florida.
It is held in the Ocean Center but much of the activity takes place at the Hilton Hotel across the street on the beach. On Friday night before the Expo there are the Turtle Night Turtle Talks and many of the world's top turtle experts meet up and shoot the breeze before and after these presentations. The entire atmosphere is friendly and fun. On Saturday night there are fireworks from the famous Daytona Beach Boardwalk and these seem to be right outside the windows of the Hilton Hotel.
The actual Expo itself is great too and there are all kinds of captive bred animals that are available. But we go there mostly to see old friends and enjoy the weekend.

Okay that sounds amazing

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Houston has a little more variety tortoise-wise. Austin is worse than Dallas, last show had 1 guy with sulcata and 1 with leopards. Have not been to the San Antonio show. Best shows are gonna be along the coasts and maybe Las Vegas.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
The one in Arlington was OK if your a snake fan... for snake fans, their where more veriety of colors and patterns than i ever suspected we could breed! There where also quite a few lizards and of course all the big name suppliers! Amazingly enough, with all the suppliers and all the product to care for reptiles.... not a single vendor carried Vita-Shell!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
From what I have heard, all the shows are pretty snake heavy. Usually followed by leopard geckos.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Me and Shelly are gonna make the drive this year and go to the Daytona one :)
We are super excited aand can't wait till August! !!!!
We r gonna save up as much money as possible so we have at least some left over after paying for the hotel.
How far ahead do u have to make your reservations at the Hilton that's hosting it?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I agree. I went to the one in the PNW in Wilsonville, 90% snakes/lizards and a few box turtles. Not that I mind other reptiles, but I wanted to see tortoise/turtles and their supplies and equipment.
I wonder if there is an expo on the West Coast that has more of these?

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
I agree. I went to the one in the PNW in Wilsonville, 90% snakes/lizards and a few box turtles. Not that I mind other reptiles, but I wanted to see tortoise/turtles and their supplies and equipment.
I wonder if there is an expo on the West Coast that has more of these?

I hope it has lots of torotises

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
BrinnANDGupta said:
Me and Shelly are gonna make the drive this year and go to the Daytona one :)
We are super excited aand can't wait till August! !!!!
We r gonna save up as much money as possible so we have at least some left over after paying for the hotel.
How far ahead do u have to make your reservations at the Hilton that's hosting it?

Make sure you save enough for an aldabra. It'd be a waste of a trip to go all the way to Florida and not come back with one.:)

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Well I wish I could come back with one :( or at least see a really big one and take pictures with one and touch it. OMG that would just be like be AWESOME!
Maybe visit the zoo? Hows the zoo there?
This is me and my sisters thing going to reptile expos

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Daytona is the biggest in the country, and arguably the best. I've never been, but that's what I've heard from people who have. Hamm Germany is the biggest in the world. I'm supposed to hit that one this year with a friend...

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
I went to NARBC last year in Houston and they had tons of torts, just had to look around for them.

Repticon is near houston, they were smaller but was still fun to go to

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Daytona is the biggest in the country, and arguably the best. I've never been, but that's what I've heard from people who have. Hamm Germany is the biggest in the world. I'm supposed to hit that one this year with a friend...

All the way in Germany? !?!? wow go you Tom!
I just added that to my bucket list LOL

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
BrinnANDGupta said:
Tom said:

All the way in Germany? !?!? wow go you Tom!
I just added that to my bucket list LOL

WOW! a bucket list at 19! is there somthing your not telling us? ;)

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Well my bucket list isn't things to do before I die, I modified it to be things to do before I marry and have children :)

Status
Not open for further replies.