AMERICAN SNIPER 2015

Location (City and/or State)
Romania
HI! I recently saw American sniper in the cinema... and was wondering what is your opinion on the movie vs the book vs the lies Chris Kyle said in his autobiography (and were they lies, who knows??...) The movie in itself was a very good one, I really enjoyed it ( without al those head shots ), had a nice flow and avoided controversy, Bradley Cooper was stunning...

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Well I have yet to see it but plan on it eventually. I've heard from everyone it's a great movie. I couldn't believe Bradley cooper was the main actor, he usually plays funny roles.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I'll be seeing this tomorrow. A history buff friend of mine read the book and recommended the movie. I'm looking forward to it.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I loved the movie . He saved alot of American lives . Its a shame a fellow brother killed him after he came home .

Romania
I loved the movie . He saved alot of American lives . Its a shame a fellow brother killed him after he came home .
I really loved the movie too... It really has that something something... I don't know if I can call it art (and what is the definiton of art , right? ) Did you know they had a real SEAL (who fought with Kyle in one tour I think) in the cast? That really is an asset. The film makers talked to Kyle's family, that's another thing I respect... There are some things that I don't like, but I won't get into that...
well there are some questions... did that marine really kill him? or was it someone else and why did they kill him? there are some conspiracy theories... hi-hi-hi

Turtlepete

South Florida
I don't really care if he said lies in his autobiography, whether they were lies or not. Chris Kyle was a SEAL, one of the men who fights for the preservation of this country, and the rights everyone so ignorantly exercises against them. For that, he deserves nothing but the full gratitude of every US citizen….RIP.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Moderation note (not directed at any one individual):

I can see where this thread might turn into a hot topic. Let's all remember that this is a movie review, and not a discussion on the morality of the subject of the movie.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Moderation note (not directed at any one individual):

I can see where this thread might turn into a hot topic. Let's all remember that this is a movie review, and not a discussion on the morality of the subject of the movie.
Yes mom god! I didn't even do nothin! ( stomping off to my room ) haha

dds7155

5 Year Member
I read the book , haven't seen the movie ,,Unbroken is a much better read by far,,

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Saw the movie today....it really makes me want to read his book.

What a sad way to go..after all he goes through, his life ends like that. So sad.

Bradley Cooper did a great job.

But to answer your original question, I can't compare them, yet.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I really want to see this, it looks intense. A shame some twat murdered an American Hero.

Romania
Btw has anyone seen 'Lone survivor'2013? It's abt a SEAL, who's life is saved by an afgan, based on a real story. They are both still alive. Marcus Lutrell wrote a book about it....and the afgan visits him in the US, pretty neat, huh?