Almost Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Auburn, Alabama
Here is the outside enclosure, the dimensions are 3ftx3ftx8ft, the hide box is 3ftx3ftx1ft, just have to drill holes in the sides for more ventilation and put the handles on the lid and locks on still, and some heavy duty chicken wire on the top to prevent wild animals from tearing through the screen, but the screen is UV reflective, not sure if I need to get rid of it. Have to wait 3 weeks for the chemicals in the pressure treated pine to go away and then I can plant it.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1367951214.630225.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1367951230.080363.jpg

It is a bit funny that this is for pancakes, it is so big I could get a red foot to put in this.

Crap it put the same pic twice. Here is the open one.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1367951435.645608.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice job. I love seeing people getting their tortoises outside. I'm sure little Pancake will be quite happy outside.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice job. However, I do think the screen will have to go. Uv reflective, means it won't go through.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Chicken wire should do the job, I would also remove the screen. Plus, you can't even see em enjoying themselves with that screen on there.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Yay!! I do agree with theelectraco and Wellington, though... The screens gotta go

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Use hardware cloth (square holes) screwed with large washers onto a 1"x2" or 2"x2" wood frame.

Looks good BTW!

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Okay I was going to get a soft mesh like material that we have used in our fruit fly colonies that had big ish gaps that would then be covered by chicken wite or a smaller square size holed metal mesh.

The sides are about 2X2

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Just get hardware cloth, you don't need any screen as lo as you provid shaded areas in the enclosure. Screens or mesh will filter out most of the UVB depends on how tight its woven.

Status
Not open for further replies.