ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
~ The one is all the pictures is 10x32.

View attachment 191924
Wow! As big as these giants get, 30 adults can comfortably fit in that barn. I guess they can get up close and personal with their space because they're not as territorial as sulcatas. So, is your new facility located there, or nearby? And, why separate the males from the females? If they mate, isn't that what you want?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
why separate the males from the females?

~ Our new location we will desperate the males from the females when they are in for the night during cold temperatures. We have had a few complications with the males over powering the females when they exit the barns and sometimes the females would be pinned up against a wall by the males. The size and weight differences can vary more than 400 pounds at times between our male and female breeding population, we simply think it would minimize any stress or possible injury if we housed them separately during the nights when they are locked down.
IMG_3160.JPG

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
~ No, totally modern and way more efficient. We are in the planning stages at this point, probably around 30x80 with multiple housing areas to include an isolated incubation room and medical area.

View attachment 192040
Really sounds great. Your herd have the best! I love your devotion to your animals, especially the ones whose health has been compromised. They have forever homes with you. They're so fortunate to have you as their keeper.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't post much on your threads, Greg, but I do enjoy reading them and seeing your pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing your new property when you have all the improvements in.