ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
This is very interesting comparison.

* Yes, i debated on posting this, however they truly depict the growth and development differences! These two were clutch mates, one remained at our program and the other left our program right at three inches. I will try and find a picture of them and post it when they were within the thirty day range!

* I am almost sure this was them, note that they both have no nuchal scute!

IMG_3748.JPG

Last edited:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
* Yes, i debated on posting this, however they truly depict the differences! These two were 2009 clutch mates, one remained at our program and the other left our program right at three inches.

Too much Mazuri perhaps?? instead of what you feed them....

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
You can really see a big difference between the two. I really notice the difference in their skin. The one that stayed w you, his skin is so smooth and you can see the moisture in it, almost as if you rubbed him down w lotion while the other looks like he hasn't been in a soak pan in a awhile. That's really amazing.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
You can really see a big difference between the two. I really notice the difference in their skin. The one that stayed w you, his skin is so smooth and you can see the moisture in it, almost as if you rubbed him down w lotion while the other looks like he hasn't been in a soak pan in a awhile. That's really amazing.

:D

IMG_4338.JPG

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
An earlier post said the graze on grass and weeds all day and you give healthy greens. What greens does that include?

* After one year old we start giving peppers, real good green lettuces, and small pieces of fruit. This is extra, maybe 10% of their total diet. We do feed small amounts of good lettuces to our hatchlings also, just nothing else and especially no fruit!

IMG_1305.JPG

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
He is perfect. Everytime I see a pic it makes January/February a little further away. Haha. But that's ok, it's just giving me time to get everything ready and collect all your knowledge too. :D

:D

* That is Hopi at about three years old!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
* My thoughts are 1). fed too much, 2). wrong food sources, 3). lack of sunshine, 4) poor hydration, and 5). not enough exercise. Could be one or all of these factors!

View attachment 96700
How do you feed a tortoise too much? Any amount you feed? I am curious! :)