ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Do these monsters make it to the shed on their own every night? Or how do you go about it? Do they stay overnight outside if they decide to not to go in?

* They go inside when and if they want. Truly there is no consistency as to what they prefer. If the weather is cold we make them go in and keep the temperature regulated. We move them them with treats!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Do these monsters make it to the shed on their own every night? Or how do you go about it? Do they stay overnight outside if they decide to not to go in?

* They go in and out as they wish. No real consistency. If it is cold we coach them with treats and they follow easily!

IMG_0271.jpg IMG_6318.JPG

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
This beautiful small female is April, she always prefers grass & weeds over any other foods!

IMG_1282.JPG

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I absolutely love it when our customers send us pictures and give us updates on our hatchlings. This little guy is Cacko and is thriving in Louisiana, he was hatched in last years group. The owner said he is more like a dog than a tortoise. The picture he sent me today says it all, isn't that just precious!

Thank you for the picture Ben.

20140504_002455_resized 3.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Today we released a few dozen hatchlings into the large back yard area from the smaller initial growth pens. this little guy was just so cute, he would run all over the place as fast as he could go and just stop and look around. This picture was taken at a long distance, they are still shy at this size. Thought he was so adorable!

IMG_2230.JPG

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA

It's like, I imagine, a 500 lbs gorilla; where does a gorilla sleep? Anywhere he wants! Lol. But, these gentle giants know where its warm and safe. I think Greg would tell you that he's never had to force these animals into the barn.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
It's like, I imagine, a 500 lbs gorilla; where does a gorilla sleep? Anywhere he wants! Lol. But, these gentle giants know where its warm and safe. I think Greg would tell you that he's never had to force these animals into the barn.

* LOL, I will share a privileged top guarded secret about moving 500 pound giant aldabras, ready...."RED"! That's right, if you just have a red pepper, apple, or even our infamous "RED BUCKET". If they see the red bucket, they know it has goodies and will follow you anywhere, LOL! We truly have no issues with getting them into the heat if needed, they are very easy to move!

IMG_0245.JPG

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Today we released a few dozen hatchlings into the large back yard area from the smaller initial growth pens. this little guy was just so cute, he would run all over the place as fast as he could go and just stop and look around. This picture was taken at a long distance, they are still shy at this size. Thought he was so adorable!

View attachment 78883

I agree Greg. I love it when babies run out and frolic around. And, when you try to get a video or pic if them, they stop dead on their tracks. Funny to see it. Thanks for sharing. And, I'll remember the color "red" if I should ever get an aldabra cause I'll only get one from you. That's a promise. I just have to keep myself alive for another 20 years. Then, it will be willed over to my son who's planning to settle in a farm somewhere, hopefully in Florida.

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, so no red toe nail polish and sandles in the Aldabras yard:D The babes soaking are so cute. Yes, the one little guy, what a confident looking cutie. Great pics.:)