Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
4t4pxy.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He doesn't look bad for such a long treatment. Is he able to keep his weight up? Poor fella:( He is in a great place for the best care. Good luck with him. So hope he recovers soon.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
wellington said:
He doesn't look bad for such a long treatment. Is he able to keep his weight up? // So hope he recovers soon.

* He lost almost ten pounds, however has gained it back since his initial diagnoses and treatment began. We are very optimistic for a full recovery. Thank you.

k99wlw.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Redari said:
What a little trooper! You must be taking very good care of him!

* Thank you, he is doing great, tomorrow he is going to the vet in Marathon (Dr. Mader) to have his tube removed!

357r71z.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
ALDABRAMAN said:
Redari said:

* Thank you, he is doing great, tomorrow he is going to the vet in Marathon (Dr. Mader) to have his tube removed!

357r71z.jpg

Ya, does that mean he's all better now, or is there still meds or specail care needed?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
wellington said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
Redari said:

357r71z.jpg

Ya, does that mean he's all better now, or is there still meds or specail care needed?

* He is still having some issues, however he is eating and seems to be functioning very well. After the vet visit we should have better directions. This is a big improvement because he stopped eating and could not defecate or urinate for several months.

24mz4lt.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Greg why did he have to be tubed? I read through the tuff thread, and either missed it or didnt see it. Was he not doing well?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
SmileyKylie623 said:
Am I the only one that wants to call these guys Algebra tortoises??? Every time I see the word I think "What the heck is an Algebra tortoise?!" I guess its the math nerd in me...seeing math words where they don't belong! :p

Hahahahahaaaa!!! Love it! :)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
tortadise said:
Greg why did he have to be tubed? I read through the tuff thread, and either missed it or didnt see it. Was he not doing well?

* This is not Tuff, this is one of our five year olds named Hopi that for some reason could not defecate or urinate. He was tubed for medication and nutrition delivery. It was in about six weeks. He is now doing good, just has some issues with walking.

22lu8g.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
ALDABRAMAN said:
No more feeding tube!

33dflgg.jpg

YAAAA, lets all do,the HAPPY DANCE FOR HIM. Must feel good to,have that gone.

Okay, now on a different point. Why, Sir Greg, do we never get to see this group of 5 year olds? Huh, huh, holding out on us? What other groups do you have tucked away that your not sharing? Huh, huh, :p:p:D:D:) I guess the happy dance got me going:)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
wellington said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
No more feeding tube!

33dflgg.jpg

YAAAA, lets all do,the HAPPY DANCE FOR HIM. Must feel good to,have that gone. // I guess the happy dance got me going

* He ate about ten cactus pads first thing when we got back!

33oifit.jpg

wellington said:
Okay, now on a different point. Why, Sir Greg, do we never get to see this group of 5 year olds? Huh, huh, holding out on us? What other groups do you have tucked away that your not sharing?

* Sneak peak! :cool:

dm76s3.jpg

wellington said:
What other groups do you have tucked away that your not sharing? Huh, huh, :p:p:D:D:)

* Imagine an entry photo for next years annual TFO calender contest with over 100 aldabra hatchlings munching on fresh green tender cactus pads! :) ;) :cool: :D :p :rolleyes: :shy: