Aggressive tortoise

Alexx24

Hello :) I've got a 4 year old Hermann who has started to get very aggressive lately! When I put his food down he pretty much runs after my hand! I left my finger there to see what he'd do and he went to bite me! He's started to bring his private parts out alot more now aswell! Is he at the age where he does this? He's pretty scary when he's running! Tia x

slowpoke the tort

How old is he

If I were you I would take him to the vet just to be safe. Try not to get your fingers bitten off. :)

abclements

5 Year Member
No need to take him to the vet. He's just maturing... he's claiming his space and he wants to be the king of his territory. Unfortunately, you're an invader and he wants you out.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Yep, just being a male is all. They can and will be very aggressive at times especially when "coming into their own". Please do not take him to a vet. No need to stress him unnecessarily.

Alexx24

Thank you everyone :) I think aswell it's because the weathers just started to get a bit warmer and the sun has actually come out at last!! I'm going to wait for it to get abit warmer then put him outside when I can :) he can run freely then :)

Dorrie Siu

Now that we got that all figured out, I'd really like to see a vid or your (or ANYONE'S) tortoise running!! LOL