Aggressive Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieledwards2006

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
England
I have a one and a half year old spur thigh tort. My daughter got into the tortoise room and turned my tort on its back shortly after I came in and rescued her. I put a lock on the door straight away, but ever since she hasnt forgot and when ever i put my hand in to remove droppings and food she follows my hand and really goes for me but she is fine once i pick her up. Has anyone had a similar experience? also do you think she will eventually forget its been 2 months because if she carries on trying to bite when she is fully grow it could hurt.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Daniel, I have Greeks and they come at my hands whenever I place them in their habitat. They are looking for food. If they think it is food they will bite. I don't think your Greeks aggressive behavior is because s/he was flipped. I think it has just associated them with food. I know mine became this way after I had to give them shots but now they are simply looking for food. If they are not hungry they do not bite my hand they simply smell it or ignore it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.