Help identifying

Appolo

Location (City and/or State)
Clacton-on-Sea
Hi my sister has just been online and put a deposit down on a tortoise she was told its a 1 year old hermann she was also told he doesn't need lights or heat I have a 25year old spur thigh so I will help her with the correct husbandry I just wanted to check what species he/she is and ask people's opinions on how he looks I have attached a photo thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211126-164437_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211126-164437_WhatsApp.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 11

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi my sister has just been online and put a deposit down on a tortoise she was told its a 1 year old hermann she was also told he doesn't need lights or heat I have a 25year old spur thigh so I will help her with the correct husbandry I just wanted to check what species he/she is and ask people's opinions on how he looks I have attached a photo thank you
It's a Russian Tortoise

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Russian.

There is an online seller in the U.S. that sends out random animals, regardless of what a shopper has purchased. Be cautious when a photo has been mis-identified by a seller.

Russians and Hermanns have essentially identical care needs:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It most certainly DOES need lights and heat. And a russian is usually cheaper than a Hermanns. I'd contact her credit card people and stop payment. This seller sounds bad.