Aggression in my male Greek tortoise?

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
Hello everybody!
I'll be honest I had no clue where to post this so I went under the tortoise health section. My Greek tortoise is not so friendly towards me, I've heard from Greek experts that these guys can be a bit territorial, but I'm not positive if he will ever see me as a source of food. I've heard that handling them for a few minutes and then feeding them a little bit of fruit can establish a bond but I don't want to risk parasite blooms :( but we haven't really made any progress with him, I'm not expecting to be seen as his Godess or something but I atleast want to know how I can be seen as his source of food. He came from the doors of petsmart, I was looking at the tortoise section and although he was the oldest one he was the most active but it might mean he could be wild caught. How can I get my tortoise to stop biting me or see me as a threat? Thanks everyone! I've had this one since last december.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Just be diligent and don't don't don't (did I say don't?) take it personal at all...

If he was wild caught (especially) it will likely take him a long time before he associates you with anything positive...I mean, after all his prior human species experience has likely been less than pleasant...

I have a redfoot here (suppose to be a docile and non aggressive species..."usually") that is more forward than any tort I have encountered, but with me---I find it amusing and I already know he is use to me but he just has a huge personality and I am ok with that....character for sure....:D

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Just be diligent and don't don't don't (did I say don't?) take it personal at all...

If he was wild caught (especially) it will likely take him a long time before he associates you with anything positive...I mean, after all his prior human species experience has likely been less than pleasant...

I have a redfoot here (suppose to be a docile and non aggressive species..."usually") that is more forward than any tort I have encountered, but with me---I find it amusing and I already know he is use to me but he just has a huge personality and I am ok with that....character for sure....:D

Yes I think they can be pretty funny and filled with personality too haha