Adventures...

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mayo, Ireland
Hi guys...so we are all from various parts of the world...i was interested in finding out where everybody has travelled to and wanted to see if people would be interested in sharing some snaps from interesting places they have visited or amazing scenery from around the world?!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've been to Reno, Nevada, Corvallis Oregon and as far south in California as Los Angeles. Whoo-hoo! I'm so well travelled. Well, for a troll who lives under a bridge (or sometimes in a cave), that's pretty well-travelled indeed!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have been to Canada, Bahamas, Hawaii, California, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Arizona Virginia, Iowa, Tennessee, Kentucky, I think that's it. Not big adventures. Hawaii is my favorite several times over. I'm not big on leaving my country.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, and I just remembered - I flew to Dallas/Fort Worth several years ago to attend my grand daughter's graduation.

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Mayo, Ireland
Well it is a pretty big place to explore....Ok USA experts....if i was planning a first USA trip where would you suggest....p.s. no interest in shopping trips to new york. Im more the outdoorsy type...things to do places to see...
2016-06-17 04.38.03.png

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have been to...
USA (MD, FL, PA, MA), Australia, South Africa, Kenya, Iceland, Egypt, Cyprus, Turkey, Yugoslavia (when it was called that), Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Republic of Ireland, Monaco, Germany, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland... and I may have forgotten some.

Within the UK, I have travelled widely from the Orkney Islands in the North to Cornwall in the South and visited most counties.

Photos will have to wait for the weekend, but quite a lot aren't digital because I'm quite old. :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well it is a pretty big place to explore....Ok USA experts....if i was planning a first USA trip where would you suggest....p.s. no interest in shopping trips to new york. Im more the outdoorsy type...things to do places to see...
View attachment 177512
My daughter is doing a tour, starting next week, with TrekAmerica that starts in LA and goes right up the West Coast to Vancouver Island and then works its way across the Northern States to finish in NYC. The start and end points are big cities fir the convenience of people flying in and out, but the rest isn't.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Both of the coasts. East and west have an excellent difference in topography going north or south. Coastline, Wooded areas and mountains. But with the west coast, you could also see desert without driving too far. So I would say western coast U.S.A.
You could see the ocean, desert, mountains and snow in the same day.
For mountains and deep woods and friendlier people, it's the east coast. North and South Carolina.
I've visited every continental state. Not Hawaii. And most of the Carribean countries. I've also been to Cenral and some of South America.

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Mayo, Ireland
Cool.....ive been all around Ireland, England, scotland, wales, france, spain, portugal, austria, czech rep., italy, germany, slovakia, norway, poland, peru, bolivia, nicaragua, cambodia, laos, vietnam, thailand, china, hong kong. Planning my next trip at the moment.....not sure if im ready for usa yet!

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
I only was in Europe (Spain, Italy, turkey, UK, Netherlands, Swiss, France). A place I really want to visit is Myanmar neuginea and the Central African rainforest!