From Vancouver, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turt39

5 Year Member
Hi,

I'm obviously new here... and new in many ways to the turtle world. I have never owned a box turtle, but have been very interested in the last 4 or so years.

I live in Vancouver, Canada... and have had no luck in even finding one to see in or in the surrounding areas of my city... let alone even purchase one. Perhaps I don't know the right people. Plus there are rules/regulations with turtles/tortoises being sold in pet stores. On the rare occasion that I have seen one on Craigslist... I'm unsure as to how reliable the sources are or they are asking for hundreds of dollars.

If you have any information on any places/people that I can adopt/purchase from in my area, please let me know. Thanks!

-L

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi -L:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Canada has some pretty strict laws about importing turtles, tortoises and turtle/tortoise eggs. Your best bet is to buy from someone already in Canada.

We have several Canadian members, and maybe one of them will help you in your search.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Hello fellow Canadian:)
Welcome to the forum.

I think you will find a boxie in Canada.
Start by checking Kijiji and look into other local forums -I'm not sure about Vancouver but there are some based in Alberta and the reptile world is small.
TARAS for one. SSnakess is another forum.
Reptiles Canada is another one and there are classified ads on there, I think box turtles recently too.

I may know of a guy who would know too as he has them I think?
PM me for his details etc please

haligrom

5 Year Member
don't know if your still looking for one.
The pet store in park royal mall in west van sells box turtles, so does the store on marine drive, North Van.
A 'friend' of mine drove one across the border from Yakima, I wouldn't recommend that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.