Adopting new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
But I'm trying to choose which I want to adopt! Let me know what you think.

First up is the hatchling. The hatch date is unknown. I'm thinking maybe 6 months old?

The other choice is a juvenile. About 2 years old or a bit over 2 years.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
They are both adorable!! You have a very hard decision to make :) So one of these will be shipped to you right? I read your shipping thread. I shipped my box turtle and I was a nervous wreck but everything went just fine. That was my very first time shipping. I changed my mind about ten times!! :) I am sure everything will go just fine for your shipping. I know exactly how you feel tho!! So, which boxie are you leaning more towards?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I have no idea!..lol I did have my three toed/gulf coast baby shipped to me when she was 7 months old. But the whole thing just sounds so stressful, so I worry.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I know how you feel. Has the person that would ship to you done this several times? I was very lucky! The person I shipped mine to mailed me a box with everything I needed. He also gave me step by step directions bcuz he knew it was my first time shipping. I kept changing my mind so he helped me with everything. Does the shipper know how worried you are? How long would it take to get to you?

How about getting both of them?? :) :) lol

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I'm adopting this baby from the same person that I adopted Peanut from. So she is the one who shipped to me last time. I adopt from a wildlife rescue/rehab. In fact, she still has the father of Peanut up for adoption too.

I could adopt both if I wanted. I'm not sure though...

Vickie

5 Year Member
Boy if I were you I probably would adopt both. I wouldn't be able to make up my mind they both are soooo cute!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
GET THEM BOTH! lol.... look them faces! HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO BOTH!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Do any mini miney Moe with your eyes closed and the one you pick is the tort for you.LOL hope that helps

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
They are both pretty cool, the hatchling is more fragile and you will have to keep a better eye on him. The larger one is already past the fragile point and he looks healthy. The bigger one can be outside and handle temperature fluxuations better. Hatchlings are cool to so good luck. Ya maybe everyone is right you better get both so you dont make a mistake:D

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
My vote is for the older one too :) So cute! The hatchling is kinda fragile and unless you have a lot of time to dedicate to keeping everything perfect, I'd get the cute juvie. Oooorrr you could get the baby and send the juvie my way ;) I've always wanted a boxie.

thea lester

5 Year Member
New Orleans, LA
Okay, if it was me, even though the hatchling is so irresistably adorable, I would adopt the 2 year old because I think there's generally less risk involved as far as shipping and health issues. So there! A definitive answer! LOL
Thea

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
That babysits you get the. 6 months, I would go with the juvenile just cuz he will be a little easier to keep and he's well started. Maybe in the future get the other one... If you got both I would not house them together seems like a big size difference would wait till the little one is a tad bigger,

Status
Not open for further replies.