Adopted a Hermann tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckie

5 Year Member
Everyone meet- Fiona!!! She was a little spur of the moment but I've been wanting to get one for a while now. I just never thought I'd find one for adoption.

Anyway- the owner gave me the 40 gallon set up and the lights. She seems pretty happy and active in the 40 gallon! She is only 3 inches. I know this isn't a long term set up but I think it'll do for a while. I am in the process of building an outdoor enclosure for the tortoises.

She is absolutely precious!! She devoured some dandelion and a mulberry leaf. I ordered some seed mix to grow from her and Lilfoot.

Here are a few pictures of the sweet lil girl!!

Attachments

• IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1214.JPG
    IMG_1214.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 154

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
she looks a little dry to me, but that may be because I neurotically soak my Hermann's twice a day :p

Either way, very cute little tort and I'm still very jealous

SWDK

5 Year Member
Poconos, PA
Congrats on the adoption. I just got an eastern Hermanns as well and they're awesome. Good luck!

Luckie

5 Year Member
blafiriravt said:
Awwww cute little girl:) congrats!!

I just soaked her for the first time today and she seemed to really enjoy it! She's SOOOO active... I can't believe it. When Littlefoot first came home he literally hid for the first 3 weeks!

Luckie

5 Year Member
Decided on the name Zoe!!

She is settling in well! She eats SO MUCH for such a little thing. She loves hibiscus flowers, mulberry leaves, dandelion, mulberry leaves, as well as lettuce mix in general. I am going to see if she will eat Mazuri tomorrow... I forgot I bought some for Little Foot and he didn't care for it.

I am absolutely in love with her.

stasisdc5

5 Year Member
SoCal
i see that you have your lights sitting on top of a screen. i've seen members here say that the uv rays become dissipated due to the screen. also, a quick search led me to the exoterra website where it says "Dense screens can filter out up to 50% of the UVB rays." which will not be good.

either get rid of the screened top or find an alternative way to use your light efficiently with a screened top. maybe cut a section of the screen just for the tube light.

Sunshine

5 Year Member
UK
I love her! So gorgeous - have fun together!!

Status
Not open for further replies.