Abnormal Behavior after Urate Passing.

Altah

Location (City and/or State)
New Mexico
Hey guys, I just had a quick question about BT my 8mo Sulcata. Recently he's been outside a lot and I've been working night shifts with my boyfriend bringing him in before dark and putting him to bed. The temps here have been around 85-98 with rain shower in the afternoon which unless one of us is home to bring him he's out during. I noted last week that in the morning before taking him outside BT had passed a fairly large urate piece probably about 1.5cm across, it was semi solid but I was still able to squish it down, there was no blood or any discoloration noted on the piece and the feces were normal. Since that event I have noticed BT being a little bit more lethargic, not eating as much at night and just general lack of interest. Then today I worked a double and my boyfriend forgot to let him outside and when I can home he said BT was in the same place he was when he left. I soaked him for a little bit and he perked up a little. I placed him back into his enclosure and he acted interested in his food for a moment then went back into his burrow. I'll probably be taking him to work with me tomorrow but I just wanted to get your guys feed back on this. Thank you all!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Urates should smooth like tooth paste not hard or gritty. I would soak him every day in a large container that he can move around in. He may be needing to pass more and he is not getting hydrated

Altah

New Mexico
It wasn't really gritty but it was definitely thicker than toothpaste, more like clay. But I'm definitely gonna start soaking him every night. I'm thinking of having him radiographed at work tomorrow just in case anything has mineralized