A Plan

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
M

Maggie Cummings

This morning my friend asked if I would take her to the recycle place, so I did. But I was a bit late and that kind of frazzles me so I just threw some grape leaves at Bob and left. So I was gone about an hour and a half and as always the first thing I do when I get home is check on Bob. Gate was open he was gone. Most of you know that means he's climbed 8 stairs to the deck, crossed the deck to the front stairs and down 5 of them...out into the street and away he went. OMG! So I go flying out of his yard calling my neighbor Marlene..."Bob"s out!!!" Just then some kid in a black car squeals up to me and asks if I am missing a big turtle... (Pet Peeve), Yes, I am missing a large tortoise, you have him?" He points to the top of the hill up the street a ways...I can see Bob and 2 teenage girls trying to keep him corralled....hahahah. Not on your life! He wants to go for a walk!. He offered me a ride but I walked...Bob was being really funny, he knows those girls are not his bosses, he's walking over one and ramming the other as he leaves again walking....The girls are squealing...Up pulls the parks maintenance guys, and jumping out like superheros...ha. They grab Bob and the guy I always thought was the sexiest was kind of a whiner about it. "How am I supposed to pick him up?" Then we got a ride on the tail gate.
The other guy is complaining about Bob's weight and that he scratching him. So they went and grabbed some gloves, still bitching about his weight and carried him up the stairs and down the stairs and placed him in his pen. Whining all the way.
I'm thinkin that if I always had my camera, I could catch him at some of the funny stuff he does, put it on youtube with narration and Bob could go viral. Don't 'cha make money at that sort of thing? Anyhow, I'm gonna start burning up my camera and trying to see if my phone makes videos....
But that did get me to thinking what the h**l would I do if he escaped and I couldn't find him. OMG! I simply can't imagine, can you?

IMG_3156.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
Bob is quiet the character and i could never imagine if he just wasn't found that'd be so heart breaking, you'r lucky to have people in your neighborhood that know you are the turtle/tortoise women lol

SheldonsBigBang

5 Year Member
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
That's just crazy. They move pretty fast, too.

Sheldon got out once and I couldn't find him for an entire day. Luckily he was still in the fenced in backyard I had at the time. Found him the next morning.

I would definitely do the YouTube thing. You really can make money with that. Maybe you can mount a GoPro on him and see how he climbs those stairs.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
That story is funny and scary at the same time. I'm glad you found him. It would be great to set up some cameras and find out exactly how he did that. I bet you could make some good money on YouTube also

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Bob, Bob, Bob, such a character. I guess the quick throw of the grape leafs just wasn't enough. I bet he watches you leave and then starts his venture.:D It would be a very sad day if he ever wasn't found:( Lets just not think about that and hope that he is always found by someone that knows your the tortoise lady:)
As for the men, they are all whiners:p:D Okay men forum members, I'm kidding, I'm sure you guys aren't ;)

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
We'll my vacation from school and work is over and It couldn't have ended any better than with a Bob story!! Glad you have him home safe and sound :)

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Bob wanted a little outside attention and boy, did he get it.
Funny but really scary!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm shocked you didn't come up with something witty for the whiney park guys Maggie. Also shocked he got out again.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
That's just crazy. They move pretty fast, too.

Sheldon got out once and I couldn't find him for an entire day. Luckily he was still in the fenced in backyard I had at the time. Found him the next morning.

I would definitely do the YouTube thing. You really can make money with that. Maybe you can mount a GoPro on him and see how he climbs those stairs.
That's actually a good idea. You'd get more footage :D
I would die inside if any of my torts escaped! How does he get out, just open the the latch with his head or something? Still what a smart tortoise!

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Oh, goodness! What a day! How heavy is Bob?

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

M

Maggie Cummings

That's actually a good idea. You'd get more footage :D
I would die inside if any of my torts escaped! How does he get out, just open the the latch with his head or something? Still what a smart tortoise!

He knew I was late and kinda frazzled, and somehow his "gatedar" is excellent. So he pushed on the latch with his nose, up 8 stairs, across the deck and down 5 stairs. He's something else...

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They are smart guys . You need to put some locks on that gate .

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
He knew I was late and kinda frazzled, and somehow his "gatedar" is excellent. So he pushed on the latch with his nose, up 8 stairs, across the deck and down 5 stairs. He's something else...
Excellent escape plan! :D
Yes, they really know that stuff, don't they? He knew he'd have time to get out!