Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
117684ygkpzfr3jr.gif

For the vote of confidence. I tried real hard to stay cool. I may have blown it just a bit. But I really appreciate what you all said in my defense. Thank you!!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I have only just seen both threads, as they happened overnight for the most part.

I didn't want to comment on either and drag things up again, but I think you handled the situation excellently. I've looked at the picture myself and it's clear that the only part of the turtle that's trapped is the shell.

I think the situation got out of hand, but I'm also disappointed if byerssusan is leaving because of how her boyfriend stirred things up. Hopefully thing will calm down again!

Love the picture! :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Things certainly take a bizarre turn when you least expect them. But I don't think anyone could have handled it better.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
I have just read both threads. Again didn't want to comment and drag things back up.

Yvonne, you handled the situation completely 100% right.
You are amazing and look after all your turtles and tortoises so well. I always look up to you and your advice is always listened to and followed, to the best of my ability, by me.

The situation defiantly did get out of hand and I think the most part of it was jealousy.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I can not believe this has happened to you. You have always been a fair and understanding person. I wish there was more I could do.

I have always loved this Forum, until tonight. I hope this never happens on Tortoise forums again.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
See, you're not only the food goddess to your tortoises, but this forum's goddess as well! Don't let a lifetime of being the Lord's shepard to the countless creatures you've saved be tainted by a couple people that "don't get it".

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I still can't believe that happened! I think you handled it amazingly!

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
I must of missed something, but whatever it was I know that when i asked questions, you were the fastest one to reply and sometimes the only one to reply! :)

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
I must say I'm impressed, you handled yourself far better than I would have.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Hey Yvonne, You know we All Love You,and what you do. I didn't feel you or your actions needed defending. so I stayed out of the conversation. But what surprised me was that no one caught on that it was a tag team attack by Freddy10 and Byersusan, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't sitting next to each other during some of this. If I'm wrong so be it I have been wrong before, Len

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
??Len?? said:
Hey Yvonne, You know we All Love You,and what you do. I didn't feel you or your actions needed defending. so I stayed out of the conversation. But what surprised me was that no one caught on that it was a tag team attack by Freddy10 and Byersusan, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't sitting next to each other during some of this. If I'm wrong so be it I have been wrong before, Len

I agree 100%

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
I hope you saw my message Yvonne-in case you didn't I copied it to your nice thread!!
Emysemys

I feel so bad that you have been treated so disrespectfully, its very disappointing and that kind of inexcusable attitude and rudeness turns me off- whatever their intentions.
Thanks for taking it all so well-It really shows your integrity!!

Always will appreciate your contributions and honesty on this forum!!Smile

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread...get-loose-a-cute-picture?page=2#ixzz1dDRD8CI0

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
CtTortoiseMom said:
??Len?? said:

I agree 100%

This may answer that question..Seems there boyfriend and girlfriend..

10-12-2011, 11:17 PM Post: #17
freddy10
AZ

RE: What Phoenix Does every morning
(10-11-2011 05:05 PM)byerssusan Wrote:  
Every morning as soon as I turn on her lights , get her food prepared and put it in her enclosure she slowly slowly..and I do mean slowly haha ..starts moving in her cave. She will get to the edge of her cave and stop..Sleeps some more haha..Then slowly moves a little more then will look over at her food to make sure it's there. She will stare at it for a period of time..Then all of a sudden bam! She's on it LOL..She is so sweet. Gotta love'em..

The food she is eating is RepCal Tortoise food in case you wondered

Don't forget you smoke a cig and get your cofffe ready LOL then you feed her I LOVE YOU BABY!!!! Hi, by the way I am her Boyfreind and I just join to SO HAPPY I want a water tortoise LOL
If what you done yesterday still impresses you today, then you aint done squat today!! All so known as the New Old Timer!!

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-What-Phoenix-Does-every-morning?page=2#ixzz1dDRumdRp

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I just saw the thread of the pic and WOW I just can't believe it!!! I can't believe how some people can be so disrespectful and are just looking for trouble!!! Yvonne, you are amazing and you are one of the biggest tortoise/ turtle lovers on this forum. You handled the situation perfectly!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
You kept very cool during all the nonsense, I was just sitting there reading as each comment came through and thinking to myself, how the heck can she do it? I was sitting there biting my tongue keeping myself from commenting. Kill them with kindness Yvonne! :D And thank you for all you do - we all know how much you truly care for each and every tortoise and turtle you come in contact with!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Agree with all of the above.
The picture was funny and cute. Anyone who does not have these kind of things happen with their torts is not being truthful. We all chuckle, and then learn from sharing.
I remember your pics about the rebuilding of your pond, which was amazing.
I, too, was shocked by the way the thread took the bizarre and surreal turn that it did and I thought you were as cool as a cucumber.

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
I think that you did a beautiful job in handling that, and only wish that I could keep my cool and grace as well as you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.